Comparison Between The Japanese Samurai And European Knight (Essay Sample)
write five-paragraph comparison essay:
Your essay must have a thesis statement which you will support with at least three main points.
Each body paragraph must begin with a topic sentence, supported by accurate and specific details.
Cite at least three sources using Chicago Style footnotes. You do NOT need to write out URLs (links) for online sources, as long as you identify the source correctly so that it is easy to find.
Format your paper as follows:
Top left of first page: your full name, teacher’s name, date, class & period
Chicago Style bibliography on separate page.
COMPARISON BETWEEN THE JAPANESE SAMURAI AND EUROPEAN KNIGHT
Comparison between the Japanese Samurai and European Knight
The Samurai’s and Knights served and ruled the military classes of premodern Japan and some European countries respectively. They were handed the titles because of their prowess and skillsets in battles by an individual in political leadership or a monarch. The essay paper purports to examine some of the differences and similarities between the Japanese Samurai’s and European Knights.
Similarities between Samurai and Knights
Firstly, both the Samurai and Knights lived and followed some ethics code of conduct. The Samurai followed the “bushido” otherwise known as the “the way of the warrior”. Carl describes the significance behind the code of bushido in his article as “It stressed concepts such as loyalty to one’s master, self-discipline and respectful, ethical behavior”. On the other hand, the Knights followed the code of Chivalry which was basically a morality guide in the way they carried their lives when not in combat. They were expected to be brave, courteous, and honorable and show utmost respect to women.[Steenstrup, Carl. Ideals of the Samurai: Writings of Japanese Warriors. Monumenta Nipponica 38.3 (2013): 342.]
Secondly, both the Samurai and Knights at the un
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Climate Change And Human Culture: AnthropoceneDescription: This essay argues that it’s human culture that triggered anthropocene even though anthropocene and the great acceleration are also to blame for the persistent human cultural depletion....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | Chicago | History | Essay |
- The War Of 1812: Identity And Global InfluenceDescription: This is a war that would shape the character and identity of the United States and more importantly taught the country some valuable lessons about understanding the elements of common defense strategies....8 pages/≈2200 words | 26 Sources | Chicago | History | Essay |
- History Of Witchcraft: Concepts And BeliefsDescription: The concepts of witchcraft and the beliefs in its presence have persisted throughout the history. They are said to be present in various forms and have been a part of different religions and cultures worldwide....4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | Chicago | History | Essay |