Telecommunication and Network Security (Essay Sample)
The following two examples demonstrate how risk assessment can be conducted in certain situations. Read briefly to get some basic ideas.
NIST (2010). Piloting Supply Chain Risk Management Practices for Federal Information Systems.
CDS Case Study. Making Information Risk Mitigation Decisions. Vincent Larcote Case Series. Case #6-0029. Center for Digital Strategies. Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
Practicing risk assessment foundamentals, processes and matrixes to one's own experiences offers an opportunity to apply the learning in the real world. Can you choose a particular information system security domain of your organization or industry and apply what you learned from the case readings and SLP examples? You can choose to assess comprehensively, or you can choose not to cover all the aspects of risk assessment but to focus on two or three major perspectives and go much more in depth.
Please write a 2-5 page paper titled:
"Risk Assessment for ______ (your chosen information system security domain in your chosen organization/industry): Challenges and Solutions"
Please address the following issues:
1. Special requirements of risk assessment in your chosen information system security domain in your chosen organization/industry if there are any.
2. Two or three major perspectives of risk assessment that you choose to go in depth to discuss.
3. One or two major lessons learned from the examples that you'd like apply in your own risk assessment issue here.
4. Key challenges and solutions of risk assessment.
Your paper will also be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Precision: You carried out the exercise as assigned, or carefully explained the limitations that might have prevented your completing some parts (running out of time isn't generally considered an adequate limitation).
- Clarity: Your answers are clear and show your good understanding of the topic.
- Breadth and Depth: The scope covered in your paper is directly related to the questions of the assignment and the learning objectives of the module.
- Critical thinking: The paper incorporates YOUR reactions, examples, and applications of the material to business that illustrate your reflective judgment and good understanding of the concepts.
Overall quality: Your paper is well written and the references, where needed, are properly cited and listed.
Telecommunication and Network Security
At the moment there are 10 domains that have been established, which are the foundation of the security detail within any of the organizations of any field. This is especially if they deal with sensitive information, of either their clients or regarding the organization's operations (Magee, 2011).
Among the ten domains, is the telecommunication and network security, which is a backbone in all organizations. It majorly refers to the network structures, data transportation, communication modes and the various measures that can be taken to secure the data transmission within and without the organization on a specific network.
The special risk assessment requirements of the domain in a hospital are the level of confidence that the domain offers, integrity and availability on the network in place.
One of the main perspectives that are used when assessing the risks posed to the telecommunication systems is on the security of network being used by the hospital (Cisco, 2013). This is a docket that involves policies and provisions the network administrator at the hospital has put in place to make sure that they prevent any form of data access, modification, misuse or otherwise. It is crucial that the network administrator maintains as much control of the network as possible (Magee, 2011)
- Risk Management for Information System SecurityDescription: Undergraduate writing level 3 pages Technology Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. Risk Management for Information System Security...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Advising About a Software PurchaseDescription: Master writing level 1 page Technology Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. Advising About a Software Purchase...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Computer Forensics: Digital Hardware ToolsDescription: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Technology Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. Computer Forensics: Digital Hardware Tools...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |