Ethical Issues in Information Systems Technology Essay (Essay Sample)
Choose one (1) ethics issue found within Chapter 4 of the Bidgoli textbook.
You may also use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research articles on ethical issues in information systems and choose one (1) ethics issue of interest to you.
Write a two to three (2-3) page research paper in which you:
Summarize the issue that you have chosen.
Express your own opinion of, or position on, the issue that you have chosen.
Identify two to three (2-3) human and technological protective measures that you would use as security safeguards and enforcement actions in order to address the ethics issue that you have chosen.
Identify at least three (3) problems related to management information systems that may arise from the issue that you have chosen. Next, propose at least one (1) solution to address each problem in question. Provide a rationale to support your response.
Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Describe how and why information systems are used today.
Evaluate the ethical concerns that information systems raise in society, and the impact of information systems on crime, terrorism, or war.
Explain how to secure information systems resources that focus on both human and technological safeguards.
Identify how to mitigate risks as well as plan for and recover from disasters.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
Write clearly and concisely about management information systems using proper writing mechanics.
Ethical issues in information systems
It is important to respect the privacy of internet and information system users this protects their rights, and especially the sensitive data, which is personal data that would result in discriminatory treatment that should not be made public. Freedom of speech is protected under the First Amendment, the Fourth Amendment protects against unreasonable search and seizure, while there are different federal statutes, which offer protection including the privacy Act of 1974. Configuring privacy settings and encryption, improves privacy protection and this targets unauthorized persons and manipulation by third parties.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Final Assessment Technology Artificial IntelligenceDescription: AI restructures and changes job descriptions. Some people see it as a threat while others see it as a development. This paper thus seeks to build on the above and explicate on the goals, impact, and ethical implications of AI in the world today....5 pages/≈1375 words | 7 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Analysis Of Linux And Android Operating SystemsDescription: As for Android, this is a Linux based operating system for tablets and mobile devices. The Android platform has a touchscreen user interface with their components that enable a cell phone to be known as a smartphone....4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Perspectives On The Evolution Of TechnologyDescription: Comparison and contrast essay that defines and explains three distinct perspectives on the evolution of technology. How the technological evolution has impacted the society in the past all through to this day....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |