Enterprise Resource Planning (Essay Sample)
For this module, we’ll continue to work with products from the SAP Crystal Solutions website. Please select any of the tools at https://help(dot)sap(dot)com/database. As before you may pick more than one product if you wish but it is not recommended.
When you’ve had a chance to complete your viewing and/or hands-on work with your selected demo, please prepare a short (2–3) report addressing these issues:
- What do you think of the site and tools presented this time around?
- What do you think can be learned from these tools?
- In what situations do you think these tools are useful?
- How can and/or could you apply these tools in your organization, career, or personal life?
- What is your overall evaluation of the tools? (Make sure you give specifics and the basis of your evaluation).
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your paper should be 2–3 pages in length, and reflect your personal experiences with this issue. The important part of all these project assignments is to carefully assess your own experiences with the topic, and then reflect critically on what you might have learned about yourself and about situations through this assessment process.
The more that you can use the exercise to develop personal implications for your growth as a potential business person as well as a knowledge user, the more value you'll get out of the exercise.
If there are reasons why the entire exercise is impractical for you to undertake at all, explain them to your instructor as early in the module as possible, so that an alternative assignment can be arranged.
Your paper will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Precision: You carried out the exercise as assigned, or carefully explained the limitations that might have prevented your completing some parts (running out of time isn’t generally considered an adequate limitation).
- Clarity: Your answers are clear and show your good understanding of the topic.
- Breadth and Depth: The scope covered in your paper is directly related to the questions of the assignment and the learning objectives of the module.
- Critical Thinking: The paper incorporates your reactions, examples, and applications of the material to business that illustrate your reflective judgment and good understanding of the concepts.
For businessmen whether running large businesses or small and upcoming business ventures, the element of having the right softwares to match up their needs is always of paramount importance. What is more is the fact that, with thousands of softwares out on the market it is quite hard to get to the one that actually delivers. As such, looking through the available products only takes simple scanning through the web content (Krigsman, n.d). Human capital is one of the most crucial parts of any business (The Open Directory, 2011). For the business to succeed, the management has to ensure that the staffs are empowered. This is an element that spreads from the hiring process, managing the working environment, legal compliance and the development of a culture that is based on the people.
SAP Crystal Solutions website offers some of the major products important to run a successful business. One crucial aspect that comes out straight away is the organization of the site (Help.sap.com, 2015). At the top of the web page are the tabs that are highly organized and easy to navigate through, providing the link to the contents of the various programs alongside the major business processes. Under each of the tabs, there is a list of links on the right pane that is a summary of the summarized contents on the page. This makes navigation very easy and effective for businessmen that do not have the time to read scroll of text. The page is also organized in a manner that, there is no clutter as every detail about the programs is neatly presented in a summarized manner that is ease to follow. There are advertisements on the page reducing the elements of distraction and increasing efficiency. As such, the general presentation of the page is not only effective for the users, but also comes out as very professional (Help.sap.com, 2015). Businessmen, students or even researchers would find the site quite appealing with the presentation and the ease of fi...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Enterprise Resource PlanningDescription: It is quite common that companies spend a lot of time and resources on the ERP software inclusive of the implementation only to realize that there is no significant change in the performance of the organization...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- The Future of Transportation TechnologyDescription: The bigger goal, really, is to move away from petroleum-based products simply because we see it is destroying the environment, and this non-renewable resource will run out soon...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Productivity ImprovementDescription: Technicians and engineers should understand the engineering and manufacturing processes for different products....3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |