Database Implementation-Case (Essay Sample)
Note: Study background materials carefully before starting on assignments.
In this assignment, you will first normalize the tables in Community library database, then create the database using OpenOffice. You are required to accomplish the following:
- Based on what you have learned in this module, describe the tables you designed in Module 2 Case Assignment, do you think they have met the requirement for the first, second, and third normal form? If you believe your tables are already in the third normal form, explain why.
- If there are changes in your design, draw another ER diagram based on the revised design.
- Write SQL statement to create tables you just revised in OpenOffice environment, and execute them in the Control Center. Take a screen shot of the SQL statements and tables you have created and paste it to word document.
- Describe your experience with this assignment, problems you have encountered, and lessons learned.
- Demonstrate understanding on normalization.
- Apply SQL to create tables.
Course: ITM 440 Database Technology and Database Administration
This is an attempt to normalize the data in order to make the tables more efficient in line with the need to improve the database. This extends from the first, second and third normal forms (1NF, 2NF and3NF). Typically, the SQL statements are necessary when there is a need to improve the initial tables. Normalization is related to dividing a database into more tables that define a relationship, allowing for addition, deletion as well as modification of the fields where necessary (Sumathi & Esakkirajan, 2007). Under the first normal form, one needs to eliminate all groups that are repeated to create separate tables for the various set of related data. There is also need to identify the primary key for each data set. From the previous table, the tables meet this criteria with the social security identified as the primary key.
There is no need for further decomposing the relations, as the information did not have any anomalies. The well-structured relation allowed for insertion as there were minimal redundancies. In any case, the process of grouping the attributes together focused on the relationship in th...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- Discussion-Business IntelligenceDescription: A business intelligence system is a set of tools and processes that helps businesses make decisions that need a lot of critical, technical and professional analysis...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Information Security ProjectDescription: First, surveillance into persons privacy is unethical. It is so since some personal information might not relate to the company in any way...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Essay Questions: Ideation Process Description: Ideation process is a brainstorming process that is used in the innovative process of a particular technology or application....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |