Business Intelligence Module 2 - SLP (Essay Sample)
Module 2 - SLP
For this module, we’ll continue to work with products from the SAP Crystal Solutions website. Please select any of the tools at https://help(dot)sap(dot)com/database. As before you may pick more than one product if you wish but it is not recommended.
When you’ve had a chance to complete your viewing and/or hands-on work with your selected demo, please prepare a short (2–3) report addressing these issues:
- What do you think of the site and tools presented this time around?
- What do you think can be learned from these tools?
- In what situations do you think these tools are useful?
- How can and/or could you apply these tools in your organization, career, or personal life?
- What is your overall evaluation of the tools? (Make sure you give specifics and the basis of your evaluation).
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your paper should be 2–3 pages in length, and reflect your personal experiences with this issue. The important part of all these project assignments is to carefully assess your own experiences with the topic, and then reflect critically on what you might have learned about yourself and about situations through this assessment process.
The more that you can use the exercise to develop personal implications for your growth as a potential business person as well as a knowledge user, the more value you'll get out of the exercise.
If there are reasons why the entire exercise is impractical for you to undertake at all, please explain them to your instructor as early in the Module as possible, so that an alternative assignment can be arranged.
Your paper will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Precision: You carried out the exercise as assigned, or carefully explained the limitations that might have prevented your completing some parts (running out of time isn’t generally considered an adequate limitation).
- Clarity: Your answers are clear and show your good understanding of the topic.
- Breadth and Depth: The scope covered in your paper is directly related to the questions of the assignment and the learning objectives of the module.
- Critical Thinking: The paper incorporates YOUR reactions, examples, and applications of the material to business that illustrate your reflective judgment and good understanding of the concepts.
For any organization, large or small data is one of the most crucial aspects in their operations. Executives go to great lengths to make sure that they have their data management platforms and the staffs in sync, such that operations in the rest of the areas are smooth. Data management remains one of the most sensitive topics in the corporate world, relative to the fact that every company have their own set of data, some of which is common across the board and some that relates to their strategies, in production, marketing research and promotion among others. Leakage of any data, regardless of whether it is financiallyrelated, personal identification data or in the production department can be fatal to the company position in the industry or future (Samild, 2011). As such, companies are constantly looking for products that easily manage their data, maintaining efficiency, productivity while ensuring safety. SAP crystal Solutions is one of the companies that offer such services with guaranteed quality(Help.sap.com, 2015).
Looking at the SAP Crystal Solutions website, it is easy to see why it is highly rated. The website is free of clutter and every other content is well spaced out on the webpage. There is a professional feel to the presentation of the various tools and products that the company is offering. At the top are the tabs that open to the main services and tools(Help.sap.com, 2015). On the left pane are the various tools listed under each of the tabs. In the main window are the main tools, listed along with brief and precise description. As such, the site presentation is very professional. Most people looking for solutions online have hundreds of pages to skim through; this is a website that gives a person browsing through the website, everything they need at a glance without having to read through lengthy descriptions, or having to search through the information with difficulty(Help.sap.com, 2015).
From the tools presented, it is clear that the aspect of data management is quite large and with the development of internet based tools it is even more complex than one would think(Help.sap.com, 2015). The website shows at a glance the sophistication of data management and the various aspects that need to be addressed. However, the presentation reduces the complexity with ease of access and the level of organization of the content. Technology has largely diversified the level of data management and also increased the tools ...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Technology CycleDescription: It is important to note that teleportation is a new technology that has not been introduced to the market...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Discussion - Knowledge Speak! Description: The tradition view of data, knowledge and information is that they are related since data is a prerequisite for information, and information a requirement for knowledge...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Knowledge Management Foundations of IT Systems-CaseDescription: In the early years, especially around the mid to late twentieth century, information technology was the most effective way of running operations within an organization...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |