1 page/≈275 words
Why Shouldnt Marijuana be Legalized in USA (Essay Sample)
In one page I need three reason and facts as to why marijuana should not be legalized in our country. I have to show supporting facts for my three examples.source..
Why Shouldn't Marijuana Be Legalized
There has been a persistent debate in many countries across the globe especially in the United States on whether to Marijuana or not. Some are for the decision to legalize while others are against it with each group having its own reasons. Currently it is illegal to sell, buy or be in possession of marijuana under Federal law. Marijuana is a mixture of the dried and shredded leaves, seeds, stems and flowers of the hemp plant known by its scientific name Cannabis Sativa. These mixture according to research contains approximately 400 chemicals. Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, commonly referred as THC, is the chemical responsible the drug's psychotropic (mind-altering) effects (NIDA, 2).
There are many drawbacks associated with legalizing marijuana. First, a policy to legalize marijuana would send a false message to young kids that using drugs is acceptable thereby increasing the chan...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Legalize marijuana Essays
- Learning styles Essays
- Same sex marriage Essays
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to medicinal marijuana:
- First person Narrative of Incarerated WomanDescription: Within the multicultural society that I lived in, poverty levels and the unemployment levels ware very high....9 pages/≈2475 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Addiction Research PaperDescription: Many people associate addiction with the intake of drugs only. However, this is misguided because addiction is not exclusively tied with drugs...2 pages/≈550 words | 5 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Research Paper |
- Continuous Process Verification/Validation MaintenanceDescription: Today, professional quality and process data trending is of major importance for science-based development and manufacturing of medicinal products...5 pages/≈1375 words | 10 Sources | Harvard | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |