M5D2 The United States of America and Mexican Immigration (Essay Sample)
Topic Mexican immigration
Addressing a counterargument is very persuasive because it shows your audience that you are thinking about their concerns. Even though you might not agree with your opponents, you respect them enough to consider their side of the argument. The idea is to look at the key objections someone might have about your claim and refute them. The assignment is as follows:
1. Write two paragraphs that develop counterarguments. Each paragraph should focus on one specific counterargument.
2. Within those paragraphs, refute the counterarguments.
The United States of America is considered as one of the largest states in the world given the immense population. Such an argument would have a value in the discussion of the comparison of such a nation to other world nations like Africa. However, the argument would receive much criticism given the fact that it is a nation that is faced with various challenges. Given such reasoning there is a need to rephrase the argument in the sense that it sheds more light to the fact about the nation. As such, the argument would be rephrased to mean that the United States is a large nation given the immigrant population from Mexico (Gelletly, 165). On the same note, there is the underlying weight of the argument that America has the large population due to the fact that it accommodates many legal and illegal immigrants from Mexico. Evidence that supports such reasoning develops from the fact that there are many migrants from Mexico that come to American in search of better economic opportunities. This statement means that a large number of migrants from Mexico come with the intention to improve their lives. More importantly, the Mexican migrants come as a way of finding opportunities to support their families.
Another important counterargume...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to immigration:
- Policy: The Welfare State National Security and TerrorismDescription: Immigration and diversity, The Welfare State National security and terrorism, Environmental issues and Climate Change...5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Annotated Bibliography Assignment on Mexican ImmigrationDescription: The article is on a study that explored how immigration affected Mexican family relationships.Ten families of illegal immigrants who had moved to North Carolina...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Immigration is Good to America: Immigration Makes Americans Less Isolated GloballyDescription: Incorporate analysis of the reading and somebody personal experience to make clear and precise argumentative essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |