Social Psychology (Essay Sample)
Before you begin this assignment, think about a way to violate one social norm. Do not do anything that is illegal, sexual, harmful to others, or disruptive. Some examples might be singing loudly in a public location (with others around), being too close to a coworker while talking to him or her, or talking to people in an elevator. Take detailed notes after you violate the norm, paying particular attention to the reactions of others.
In your paper, you will need to address the following:
- Describe the norm you violated.
- Explain how you felt.
- Discuss the reactions people had to you.
- Draw on the social psychology of other people’s reactions to you by using research from the textbook or other resources. Your response should be at least two pages in length. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
Aronson, E., Wilson, T. D., & Akert, R. M. (2013). Social psychology (8th ed.). Upper Saddle
River, NJ: Pearson.
Whenever one is in the public spaces, it is important to have a sense of respect for personal space (Aronson, Wilson & Akert, 2013). Most people will not feel comfortable having their public space invaded as that is their save zone, it is space that they value and would want other people to stay clear. Last Friday I had the chance to into a cafÃ© for coffee. Seated in an opposite seat on the next table was a lady in h...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to psychology essays:
- Industrial Organizational PsychologyDescription: Write a one page Journal Assignment on your interest in becoming an I/O Psychologist compared to other types of Psychologists...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- The Evolution of Profession - Clinical PsychologyDescription: Clinical psychology is one of the oldest fields establish in 1890, but have since undergone major transformation in the past decades....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | History | Essay |
- Ethical Conflict Description: Ethical conflicts take many forms in the business sector, some of which can be extremely expensive to the parties that have been duped....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Essay |