Illegal Immigration to the United States. Social Sciences Essay (Essay Sample)
You should be prepared to write a 3-paragraph essay that addresses each of the following questions:
o What aspect(s) of illegal immigration to the United States do you think is/are problematic?
o If you had the power to do so, what would you do to solve the problem of illegal immigration? What specific changes would you make to US immigration law and/or to the enforcement of existing laws?
o Which groups in US society would likely support your proposal? Why?
o Which groups in US society would likely oppose your proposal? Why?
Illegal Immigration to the United States
Illegal immigration to the United States
In the current interconnected world, global migration has turned out to be a reality that affects approximately all countries across the world. With advanced modern means transport, people find it easier, cheaper and more convenient to move from one nation to another searching for employment, higher education and better life (Hoekstra & Orozco-Aleman, 2017). In 2017, for example, the number of international migrants reached 258 million people. In reality, many people illegally migrate to other nations in desperate search of employment opportunities or running away from famine or violence. With the United States being one of the most advanced countries that offer a safe environment, steady jobs, and quality life, it draws countless illegal immigrants.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to immigration:
- Do you believe that Asian-Americans are not considered American?Description: Thomas Joo has argued that one of the meanings that has attached to the Asian racial category is “foreignness.” He contends that the origins of this racialization are in the exclusionary policies that the U.S. once had with respect to Asian immigrants. ...2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- The definition of social workers. Overview and RationaleDescription: social work Social Sciences Essay. “The Social Work Dictionary defines change agent as “a social worker or other helping professional or group of helpers whose purpose is to facilitate improvement” (Barker, 2003, p. 64). Social problems are large scale and deeply entrenched. ...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Race/Ethnic/Gender Relations Journal based on article by Miroff, Nick.Description: write one journal entries focused on recent news articles (published in the last three years in one of the five newspapers listed on news sources include the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, and Miami Herald.) related to race, ethnic, and/or gender relations in the United States....1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |