Journal Articles Answers: Nature of a Particular Condition (Essay Sample)
I need a total of five sources two has to be scholarly and three has to be journal articles beyond the book. the question I have choose is on page 20 number 1. for chapter one and you pick the other question. the question for chapter two is on page 67. I choose number 2 you choose the other for a total of 4 questions please be in detailed I need at least 100 words for each question chapter one and two is provided you have to go through the chapter and get what you need. the instructions are added on the short answer worksheet. need in 10 days. each questions can be about 135 each and if some has to be more than ok but I need details and answer the questionssource..
Chapter1, Question 1.
Diagnosis is the practice by which symptoms are examined to identify the nature of a particular condition. Assessment is the process through which the nature and extent of a mental disorder is estimated or evaluated. There is a light difference between the two, and it comes out through the flow of events; the medical practitioner has to assess the patient before diagnosing them. An assessment may involve an interview, psychological, aptitude tests and inventories. A diagnosis is the outcome of the assessment.
Diagnostic assessment is the process by which a medical practitioner compiles a written report that composes the patient's mental health that was performed one-on-one or clinically (Christine,n.d.). Relevant factors to be identified include the family, educational, the illness, culture, medical, psychiatric, alcohol and substance abuse, development social, pedagogical and occupational background. These factors give the origin of the mental disease and therefore the direction of the kind of treatment to be administered.
The most important client-relevant factors to identify during assessment and diagnosis are the ethnic and cultural aspects. According to Corey (2009), it is important to identify these factors, so as to maintain a balance and avoid unintentional bias. Acknowledging the existence of distinctive ethno-cultural elements could be a great determinant of the diagnostic process. There might be those behaviors that can easily and quickly be passed as neurotic or deviant, only because one perceives it not to be part of the characteristics of the dominant culture.
The most helpful aspect of these manuals, such as the DSM-5 ,is their simplification of illness categorization, which makes diagnosis more efficient than it earlier was. The DSM-5 in particular, restructures the categorization of illnesses such as the mental disorders, to make it easier for diagnosis to be done. The use of manuals such as the DSM-5 has been a crucial aspect in the diagnostic process. The basic purpose for these manuals is to help the medical practitioner from a wide range of discipline come up with a completely informed treatment plan for each patient after the assessment of their mental disorder (First, 2010).
The use of DSM-5 Manual in particular, has been hugely beneficial since it has brought about uniformed and improved decisions, while the uniformity has in turn resulted in an improvement in professional com...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to mental illness:
- The Risky-Health Factors Affecting Pregnant Teenagers as the Vulnerable PopulationDescription: Identify vulnerable populations in the community and discuss several risk factors that may impact health outcomes for vulnerable populations....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- 8-2 Discussion: Psychological Disorders Research PaperDescription: Discuss how the perspective you are using in your action plan examines the behaviors/symptoms and possible causes of that disorder....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Psychology | Case Study |
- Euthanasia Should be an Individual Choice and an Option for Anyone with a Terminal IllnessDescription: Different people often find themselves at fault for involving or allowing their personal feelings to cloud their judgment....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |