Same-sex intimate partner violence. Social Sciences Essay (Essay Sample)
AFTER WATCHING THE VIDEOS BELOW , THOROUGHLY ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
This paper needs an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
Please, cite the sources (minimum of 3 including the videos) both in the text and on a reference page. DO not include the questions in the body of work.
VIDEO 1: https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=uWRHXOwbbfc&t=42s
VIDEO 2: https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=hUoDFgOKKIQ
1. Provide specific examples of lesbian intimate partner violence.
2. Describe some of the primary theoretical explanations for abuse in the LGBT community.
3. Describe some of the problems for the LGBT community in getting access to criminal justice intervention.
4. Describe how police operate under the full faith and credit requirement in same-gender relationships. (for your reference: https://www(dot)law(dot)cornell(dot)edu/constitution/articleiv)
5. Utilizing this simply scenario, articulate whether or not Brian is protected in his new state.
The "Simply Scenario" is as follows:
Brian obtained a protection order against his same-sex abuser, Tom. The provisions of the court order require that Tom must refrain from abusing, threatening, or attempting to harm Brian in any way. Further, Tom is ordered not to contact Brian or come near his residence. Brian decided to move to another state in order to start a new life without fear. He has learned that Tom is looking for him and he wonders what to do. In the state where he now lives, same-sex partners are not eligible to obtain protection orders.
6. Explain other reasons why intimate partner abuse in the LGBT community may not be acknowledged by victims.
Same-Sex Intimate Partner Violence
Same-sex Intimate Partner Violence
Domestic abuse has become a significant threat to the society, and it is not only present among opposite-sex relationships but also among same-sex couples. However, the topic of domestic violence among gays or lesbians is often ignored both in the establishment of social welfare services and research reports. According to Andrew Frankland and Jac Brown, more than 14,000 cases of domestic violence among gays and lesbians are reported every year. Alone in the United States, the trend of injuring or torturing life partners has become common, and there are many examples of abuse among same-sex couples (Frankland & Brown, 2013).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to domestic violence:
- Access and read the case - Voisine v. U.S. Social Sciences EssayDescription: Whether it is the United States, England, Canada or Asia, no government allows the residents to carry firearms illegally, and the unwise or excessive use of weapons is always discouraged. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Facebook Live Killings. Legal or ethical duty to rescue a crime victimDescription: Increasingly, Facebook and other social media platforms have to deal with issues on how to translate ethical values without engaging in censorship. Violence prevention tools are just one way to limit exposure to violence, but Facebook uses artificial intelligence and employees to monitor online content....4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | APA | Law | Term Paper |
- Describe in detail the 5 Domestic Violence Theories.Description: Conduct research on the Internet or using other library resources to find one recent (within the last ten years) case from the news (not legal cases necessarily, just incidents of domestic violence that made news headlines) for each of the theories you have chosen....2 pages/≈550 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |