General Education and Career Social Sciences Essay (Essay Sample)
Reflecting on General Education and Career [WLOs: 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 2, 3, 4]
Prepare: Start by reviewing General Education Curriculum found in General Academic Information and Policies (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. in the Ashford University Catalog, which addresses the core competencies that the general education courses must cover: Applied Ethics, Communication, Information Technology, Critical Thinking, and Quantitative Reasoning. Review Week 5 Resources that are applicable toward career success.
Reflect: Think about the core competencies as previously mentioned, and ponder your time taking general education courses. Reflect on the specific courses not associated with your college major and determine the level of new information you have acquired that relates to the core competencies. You must also think about a potential job you might apply to once you graduate and determine what skills you developed through general education courses that make you qualified for a specific job.
Write: For this discussion, you will address the following prompts:
Review a job description through a job website (e.g., Career Builder (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., Monster (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., etc.) in your desired career field. Please provide the job title and the link to the job description.
Identify at least five skills you have obtained through your general education courses that will make you successful at this job.
Demonstrate with at least two examples how your newly acquired knowledge and skills have shaped both your personal and professional development.
Describe your plans for putting your education to use within your community.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length, which should include a thorough response to each prompt. You are required to provide in-text citations of applicable required reading materials and/or any other outside sources you use to support your claims. Provide full reference entries of all sources cited at the end of your response. Please use correct APA format when writing in-text citations (see In-Text Citation Helper (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.) and references (see Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.).
General Education and Career
The field that I am currently in is the website designing and development field. A few days ago, I came across a job advert on Monster.com, and it got my attention because the pay package was awesome and the company that was looking for a website designer is reputed in the city. The five skills that I have obtained through my traditional education courses are communication skills, problem-solving skills, creativity, conducting research and identifying ethical and unethical behavior (Jegelevičienė et al., 2016).
The most valuable and important thing I have learned during my studies is how to be creative. The website designing field requires a person to be creative, and sometimes we have to work under pressure (Jegelevičienė et al., 2016). The general education courses have allowed me to use my mental capabilities to accomplish multiple tasks. Plus, it has helped me improve my communicati
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to career essays:
- Career, Self Grooming, Employees, Job, EmployerDescription: a. At least 10 scholarly references should be used. b. Literature should be no older than 5 years unless you are taking a historical or longitudinal perspective. c. Literature should cover differing opinions, viewpoints, and/or schools of thought....8 pages/≈2200 words | 10 Sources | APA | Management | Research Paper |
- Employee Career Development. Management Research ProposalDescription: In today’s fast-paced and competitive environment, every employer wants to see his company grow in a short time. For this purpose, he hires the most qualified, experienced, and skilled individuals in different positions, and assigns them multiple tasks on a daily basis...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Management | Research Proposal |
- Employee Career Development. Management Annotated BibliographyDescription: In his article titled Implementing an employee career-development strategy, Paul J. Davis mentions that career-development strategies are meant to help workers give their best to the company....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Management | Annotated Bibliography |