Persuasive Essay: Topic and Audience Worksheet Social Sciences Essay (Essay Sample)
Review the document titled "Persuasive Essay Guidelines."
Complete the Persuasive Essay: Topic and Audience Worksheet.
You will receive feedback on your assignment from your instructor during Topic 2.
Persuasive Essay: Topic and Audience Worksheet
If you did not take UNV 104 or if you would like to review the writing concepts introduced in UNV 104, it is suggested that you view the media piece entitled, “The Writing Process,” which is available to support the development of your writing skills. Access “The Writing Process” in the Course Materials. For this Topic, focus on the “Planning and Getting Started?” section of the media piece.
Part 1: Select a Topic
Choose a topic for your persuasive essay from the list below. If you would like to write about a topic that is not on the list, please list it below within your answer to the first question to request approval.
* Stem cell research
* Prisoner reform/ Prison System Reform
* Internet Censorship
* Compensation for College Athletes
* Net Neutrality
* Universal Healthcare
* Genetically modified food
* Charter schools
* Nuclear Energy
* Renewable Energy
* Educational Reform
* Minimum Wage Laws
Universal Basic Income
Mandatory military service/Selective Service
1 What is the topic you have chosen for your persuasive essay?
2 Begin thinking about the different issues associated with the topic you have selected, narrow your focus, and take a pro or con position for the subject of your essay. Present a simple statement of your position here. Example statement: Personal use of social media is not appropriate in the workplace.
The use of marijuana has plenty of benefits in the human body.
3 Give rationale for that stance. (50-100 words. Avoid using emotional reasoning and focus on facts and evidence to he
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Trifles Essays
- Vietnam war Essays
- Ethics Essays
- Globalization Essays
- Kite runner Essays
- Drugs Essays
- Artificial intelligence Essays
- George washington Essays
- The crucible Essays
- Body image Essays
- Terrorism Essays
- Autism Essays
- Edgar allan poe Essays
- Mahatma gandhi Essays
- Progressive era Essays
- Overpopulation Essays
- DHS Strategic Plan: Fiscal Years 2020-2024 Social Sciences EssayDescription: The private sector comprises a portion of the economy, managed, controlled, and owned by organizations and persons pursuing returns. Corporations in the sector are frequently unrestricted from national control or ownership. This private sector can occasionally cooperate with the state in a public-private...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Personal Reflection Social Sciences Essay ResearchDescription: I was born in a family of eight children. In my family, I am the youngest of them all. My father worked as a military officer. Most of the time, he was not available at home since he was deployed to several places. Together with my mother, grandma was always there to aid in raising us...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Diverse Family Characteristics Social Sciences EssayDescription: The concept of family is undergoing dynamic and subjective transformation leading to the emergence of modern families. Contemporary families are quite controversial due to their variant features. From sociological perspectives, families are seen as a conglomerate of individuals...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |