1 page/≈275 words
Analysis of Major Survey Methods (Essay Sample)
A Sociology graduate student wants to explore university students' attitudes toward gender equality in professional programs (e.g., medicine, law, business) at UVic. Construct an example of a close-ended question that s/he might use in a survey to assess/gauge such attitudes. Then discuss the relative advantages and disadvantages of using self-administered questionnaires, in person interviews, and telephone interviews as survey methods in such a study. source..
Running Head: Analysis of Major Survey Methods
Analysis of Major Survey Methods
Advantages and disadvantages of main survey methods using a case study
Sampled case: University students’ attitudes towards gender equality in professional programmes
The area of research creates various areas that generate varied debate. One such area is the methods to use. Questions used in sample are the most common and the most popular one happens to be close-ended question in a questionnaire or any other form of interview to get responses that will build the conclusions and recommendations. According to Allyson, H, Melanie, G. C & John, A. K (2003), close-ended questions limit the respondent’s answers to the survey by providing a predetermined set of dichotomous answers. These answers can range from yes/ no, false/true or they can be in the form of the more complex ranking format. The ranking format uses the Likert scale where a statement is given and the respondents can rank it in various given scales such as from strongest to weakest.
To ground the argument about the suitability of the close-ended questions, a situational survey of the University of Victoria’s student’s attitudes towards gender equality in professional programmes can be used. The sample question in this case would be; the university students at University of Victoria are very concerned over gender inequality in the professional programs which discriminate against women. The responses given would be to rank this statement as, true/ false/ or not sure. Form the statement, it is obvious that some bias is out right...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Soccer Essays
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to gender role:
- Critical analysis of Article on Gender and LeadershipDescription: Critical analysis of Article on Gender and Leadership Essay. paraphrase 29...5 pages/≈1375 words | 1 Source | Harvard | Literature & Language | Essay |
- An analysis of gender and divisional management styles in a Large airlineDescription: An analysis of gender and divisional management styles in a Large airline...5 pages/≈1375 words | 1 Source | Harvard | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Compare and Contrast Between Saudi Arabia and ChinaDescription: Undergraduate level Essay: Compare and Contrast Between Saudi Arabia and China...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | Harvard | Literature & Language | Essay |