M5D1 Top Mexican Immigration, Latin Students Face Hardships (Essay Sample)
Top Mexican Immigration
For this assignment, you will be building on the short Annotated Bibliography from Module 3. Please ensure you utilize the instructor feedback you received. Each entry should begin with an APA, MLA, or other appropriately formatted reference followed by the annotation. Each annotation should be approximately one paragraph in length (adjusted to the length of the source). The annotations should characterize/summarize the article being discussed and give an indication of how the source will be used in the research project. The items should appear in alphabetical order and should not be numbered. Four (4) of your eight (8) sources should be from peer reviewed journals. This assignment is due at the end of Module 5. Required elements:
• Title Page
• Four annotated bibliography entries
Acosta, C. (2013). Pedagogies of Resiliency and Hope in Response to the Criminalization of Latin@ Students. Journal Of Language And Literacy Education, 9(2), 63-71. Retrieved from http://eric.ed.gov/?q=mexican+immigration&pr=on&ft=on&id=EJ1023593.
In the article, the author explores the issues of discrimination that have been experienced in schools, where Latin students face hardships. According to the author there are not adequate policies to protect the right of the immigrants. This is an article that contributes to the research in light of the struggles of the Mexican immigrants living in the United States.
Curwen, M. (2011). "Martin Luther King Stopped Discrimination": Multi-Generational Latino Elementary Students' Perceptions of Social Issues. Journal Of Urban Learning, Teaching, And Research, 7, 62-71. Retrieved from http://eric.ed.gov/?q=mexican+immigration&pr=on&ft=on&id=EJ952060
In this article the author explores the ways in which the students respond to discussions that are geared towards social issues for the Mexican communities that are facing discrimination. This is a research that works in details on the social issues for the Mexican immigrants in the research. As such it builds on the information knowledge, relative to the kind of reaction that students have towards discussing what they feel about their social struggles.
Orozco, R., & LÃ³pez, F. (...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to immigration:
- M5D2 The United States of America and Mexican ImmigrationDescription: Write two paragraphs that develop counterarguments. Each paragraph should focus on one specific counterargument. Within those paragraphs, refute counterargument...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Policy: The Welfare State National Security and TerrorismDescription: Immigration and diversity, The Welfare State National security and terrorism, Environmental issues and Climate Change...5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Annotated Bibliography Assignment on Mexican ImmigrationDescription: The article is on a study that explored how immigration affected Mexican family relationships.Ten families of illegal immigrants who had moved to North Carolina...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |