Intercultural Relationships Paper. Social Sciences Essay (Essay Sample)
In 1000-1250 words, complete the following:
1. Explain cultural factors that influence the development of ethical relationships in or between cultures.
2. What are different perspectives on the ethics of developing, maintaining, or ending relationships in members of different cultural groups?
3. Explain how differing cultural values and norms may influence the experience of intercultural conflict.
4. Give specific illustrations that show how different conflict styles are grounded in cultural differences.
Project must have a minimum of 5 scholarly sources. Including text book Neuliep, J. W. (2018). Intercultural communication: A contextual approach. Los Angeles: Sage
Cultural factors that influence the development of ethical relationships in or between cultures
The world is a global village due to ever-advancing technology, and intercultural relationships are inevitable. It is essential to develop ethical relationships with the different cultures for a peaceful course where the cultures can relate well without conflict (Dai & Chen, 2017). The spirit of ethical relationships, however, should start within a culture and spread to other cultures. To achieve ethical relationships, several cultural factors, including religion, language, non-verbal communication, education, gender roles, customs, influence the development of the relationship.
Different cultures have different gender roles. Dai and Chen (2017) argue that it is important to understand gender roles among different cultures before settling down to judgment. In most African cultures, men cannot do house chores, while others do not discriminate. Intermarriage between such cultures proves to be challenging because of cultural differences. However, learning gender roles from the two cultures will result in the appreciation of cultural beliefs hence ethical relationships. Bonvillain (2020) says that members of the same culture should also learn the gender roles within their culture for a peaceful co-existence.
Religion is an integral part of the culture, and it plays a significant role in developing an ethical relationship. Since time immemorial, religion is trusted to develop ethics in society, and the function has succeeded within cultures. Different cultures have different religious believes, which might clash depending on cultures. Nonetheless, all religions advocate for a peaceful co-existence with neighbors (Dai & Chen, 2017). It is, therefore, a factor that develops an intercultural ethical relationship.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to gender role:
- Gender in advertising Business & Marketing Essay PaperDescription: Advertisement plays a significant role in facilitating the effective operation of organizations while increasing overall sales. Organizations lure customers into making a purchase decision through an effective advertisement platform. The core objective of an advertisement...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- wk-11-discussion-NURS-6660 Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Gender dysphoria is associated with several psychological issues. These issues, as revealed by the AACAP Official Action (2012), are similar to those experienced by homosexual youths. They include behavioral problems such as anxiety and depression. Also, individuals with gender dysphoria...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Reflection reading Communications & Media Essay PaperDescription: Gender roles are social roles that involve a number of behaviours and attitudes that are considered appropriate, acceptable, and desirable with regard to the person’s biological sex. Gender roles are also referred to as sex roles. Understanding gender roles and identity poorly can lead...2 pages/≈550 words | Harvard | Communications & Media | Essay |