Injury Prevention Case Study (Essay Sample)
My main goal for the upcoming is to go back and play squash as a weekly sport. Before coming to college, during high school and middle school. I used to play squash for a famous club in Kuwait. After I turned 18, I started developing back pain so I stopped playing. Then I moved to the US for college and for the past 5 years I haven’t practiced this sport at all. I have lost my athletic stamina and endurance. Also, I started smoking cigarettes daily. This has definitely ruined my health. In order to get back to squash. I started to decrease the amount of cigarettes I smoke everyday and I’m considering joining a gym to start working out and gaining back my physical ability to play the sport I loved to play.
My main problem with every exercise or going to gym is laziness and maintaining my exercise at a daily or at least 3 times a week. I always start going everyday and then gradually stop going. In order to stop this problem that has continually been affecting me is to cheer up myself and have a more positive attitude. Since I have goal set now. I will really put all my effort and focus into it.
The main thing to do is to be warmed up and ready for any exercise. In addition, I have to chose a special athletic shoes that matches my body and gives me comfort during my workout. Also, I have to take breaks between each workout and rest as much as possible to prevent any injury. Also having pre and post workout proteins/bars to help my body reach its maximum benefit. With that ai will be able to go back playing at my best shape.
F: M/W/F. From 1pm to 3pm. At Fit Athletic Gym. Located in Downtown
T: half an hour between each workout
T: bicycle, steps, treadmill, swimming and light weights
My main goal for the next few weeks is to be able to play squash regularly. I realized that I let myself go the last few years â€“ I stopped playing squash and I even started smoking. My current lifestyle has led me to lose much of the athletic stamina and endurance that I developed since middle school. I have been living this lifestyle for the past five years and this has ruined my health. In order for me to achieve my goal by my target date, I gave began to decrease the amount of cigarettes daily, with the intention of totally eliminating it. I am also considering of working out at the gym so I can recover my physical prowess so I can be fit and ready to play a sport that I love.
One barrier to my exercise is the fact that I am often unable to hold my resolve â€“ I start going to the gym ...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to smoking essays:
- Biology Exercise PaperDescription: The blood pressure results are within the normal range, even when exercising, but the differences between the first and second reading indicate that the variability changes considerably....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary DiseaseDescription: What is the role of diet in managing COPD? What changes need to be made to the present diet? What role does culture play with diet?...7 pages/≈1925 words | 5 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Term Paper |
- Smoking Should be Banned (Essay #2)Description: The debate on whether smoking should be banned or not has been controversial and its controversies are yet to fade away anytime soon....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |