Frontline: The Child Cases and Shaken Baby Syndrome (Essay Sample)
Step 1: Watch the video: https://www(dot)pbs(dot)org/wgbh/pages/frontline/the-child-cases/
Step 2: Research recent cases involving Shaken Baby Syndrome. Your paper should include at least 2 cases not mentioned in the video.
Step 3: Write an essay in response to what you have read and watched.
In your paper, you should address the following questions:
What exactly is shaken baby syndrome?
What is the controversy surrounding a diagnosis, and why? (From the video)
What indicators should investigators look for in suspecting this type of abuse?
What issues should be considered that might disprove an individual case of shaken baby syndrome?
What recent cases involving this diagnosis can be used to illustrate this issue?
This paper should have an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
(Remember, I must be able to see your analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as see that you have carefully watched this video and read the material.)
Step 4: Cite the sources for your information. Remember, don't forget to cite the video, and the standard rules of citation apply. (This means including BOTH in-text citations AND a references page.)
Thank you very much in advance.
Frontline: The Child Cases and Shaken Baby Syndrome
The sudden and unexpected death of a baby is at times attributed to the Shaken Baby Syndrome (SBS) and sometimes caretakers stand accused of causing such deaths erroneously. SBS is often diagnosed when children have brain bleeding, retinal hemorrhage and brain inflammation, and additional injuries in the bones, which indicate trauma. The paper will highlight SBS issues surrounding diagnosis, and that there is no agreement in the medical community on the injuries that are specific to SBS, and there is a need to look into whether there are other signs of abuse to rule out SBS. The paper also looks into two cases where fathers were wrongly accused and prosecuted, because of misinterpretation of the research and facts by the health practitioners.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to child abuse:
- Drug and alchole abuse. Describe a social problem.Description: Drug and alcohol abuse is considered a serious public health concern that significantly influences both the user and the user's family. It is perceived that this particular issue and its effect on children has been given important attention during the last few decades....5 pages/≈1375 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Child Protective Services and Logan's ExperienceDescription: There has been a heated debate in the recent past about what is the appropriate measure to take to ensure there is a balance between saving a child and destroying a family from which the child is to be taken from. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- One Child Policy. Social Sciences. Research PaperDescription: Over the past years, the population of the world has shown a gradual increase due to various factors. In most cases, this increase is attributed to the lack of policies in individual countries and states that are aimed at controlling and regulating this population growth....15 pages/≈4125 words | 12 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |