Forum 8: The Most Taken-for-Granted Issue of Poverty (Essay Sample)
1. In communities in which you are familiar, whether you are living in the place where you grew up or in a different community at the present time, what issues do you see around you that could be alleviated by the idea to "think globally, act locally"?
What is the local issue and how does it relate to global issues? On a global level, explain what actors create/perpetuate the issue, if applicable, or conversely what actors work to address the issue and how?
(Be sure to think about what could be done by who on the local level to prepare for the final assignment in this class.)
2. Please be sure to cite your sources in Turabian format.
Instructions: Your initial post should be at least 350 words. Please respond to more than 2 other students. Responses should be a minimum of 150 words and include direct questions, evidence from the literature, alternative points of view or additional insight. For more information, please review the forum discussion rubric attached below. This is the rubric that will be used for all of the forums in this class.
January 2, 2017
Your Institution of Affiliation
In my opinion, one of the most taken-for-granted issues that one can see in their everyday lives is the issue of poverty. Whenever we go the local supermarket or even to the gym, we could see a lot of homeless people who are fighting hunger among other problems. However, most of the times, we think of this as a problem that is simply too big for our own. We believe that this is something that should come be solved by the government and other state actors. However, in the bigger context, this mindset of ours gives rise to the many other problems such as the poverty in Latin and African countries. Now, I’m quite sure that this would raise the questions, about what do I have to do with that? This is because we tend to forget that even the simplest of our ways could reach its effects in the international level whether it be pos...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to poverty:
- The Week 8 Forum Final Assignment: Write a Four Paragraph LetterDescription: Explain the relevant history of the problem (cite your sources); Explain concepts and theories related to the problem (cite your sources); ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Native Son is a novel written by Richard WrightDescription: Using wrights native son and job 23 compare bigger to Job. Are their experiences similar in some ways but different in others?...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Book Review |
- Think Globally Act Locally: Poverty, Access to EducationDescription: On a global level, explain what actors create/perpetuate the issue, if applicable, or conversely what actors work to address the issue and how?...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |