The FBI's Drug-Fire and the ATF's NIBIN Firearm Identification Systems (Essay Sample)
Research the histories of the FBI’s Drug-Fire and the ATF’s NIBIN firearm identification systems. In a one to two page paper explain the importance of the National Institute of Standards and Technology reconciliation of these two systems.
All written assignments in your criminal justice classes require the application of the American Psychological Association (APA) rules of style.
Compatibility: The FBI’s Drug-Fire and the ATF’s NIBIN firearm identification systems
The FBI’s Drug-Fire and the ATF’s NIBIN firearm identification systems
The National Integrated Ballistics Information Network is a national agency that uses computer-assisted ballistics imaging systems. This agency was established by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) to ease identification of firearms. (Robert, Thompson, Martin and Budden, 2002). The National Integrated Ballistics Information Network is a useful system that aids forensic experts in identifying unique marks made by bullets when guns are fired. Similarly; the Federal Bureau of Investigations established a computerized system called drug fire. Initially, drug fire compared only marks on cartridge cases, later it expanded to compare marks on bullets (Robert, Thompson, Martin and Budden, 2002).
Both the state and local law enforcement agencies in the past used both systems because they contain diffe...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to martin luther king:
- The Four Most People, Events, Developments, etc. in WorldDescription: History enables humans to use experience when making judgments about the present and the future...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | History | Essay |
- Comparing Two Polytheistic ReligionsDescription: The two polytheistic religions to be compared include Hinduism and the Ancient Greek religion...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- The Willingness to Ignore the TruthDescription: I'll attach the information. Please read carefully in order for you to give me a wonderful job. I need a very good hook....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |