Interview Transcription Commonwealth V. Bobby (Essay Sample)
Read the transcript attached and answer the following questions IN DETAIL: (You should not just answer the question with one short sentence -- to get full credit, please explain each answer completely!)
Provide three things that makes you think Jessica is telling the truth. Explain why.
Provide three things that makes you think the opposite. (That she may be lying.) Explain why.
What is your instinctive 1st response to this testimony: is she lying or telling the truth? Explain.
After thinking about everything you have read, have you changed your mind about whether the testimony is true? Why, or why not? Explain your answer.
What other info would you want to have before making a final decision? (Keeping in mind that NO DNA or other physical evidence of the attack exist -- so that should not be your answer. Suggest info that is plausible and potentially available based on the facts as you know them.) Explain your answer.
Provide three things that make you think Jessica is telling the truth. Explain why.
The three things that make me feel that Jessica is telling the truth are:
* She is too young to tell a lie and sounds quite innocent.
* She is afraid of the things around her and gets confused when the investigating officer asks her questions related to her private parts.
* She starts telling the story all of a sudden and does not feel shy when the investigating officer asks her any question in the midlist of the conversation.
From this scenario, it looks like Jessica is not lying. How could an innocent girl like her talk about her private body parts? She does not sound to be saying something out of context. Plus, her statement that she was sleeping in the living room is correct. If she was telling a lie, she could have said the investigating officer that she was sleeping in her room and was all alone there when the rapist got close to her.
Provide three things that make you think the opposite. (That she may be lying.) Explain why.
The three things that make me feel that Jessica is lying are:
* She does not answer many of the questions of the investigating officer and instead stays silent.
* At some points, her statements are quite conflicting such as when she says that she was asleep when the rapist removed her clothes.
* She claims that she felt hurt when the rapist entered his private into her private, but she still did not scream.
Why did not she run to her grandmother instantly? Was she enjoying that moment? If she was feeling pain and had woken up when the rapist entered his private into her private, then she was supposed to scream and call her family members to that place. I am unable to understand all this, and it looks like Jessica is telling a lie to catch the atten
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Health care Essays
- Psychology Essays
- I have a dream Essays
- Emotional intelligence Essays
- Frankenstein Essays
- Holocaust Essays
- Language Essays
- Censorship Essays
- Mental illness Essays
- Water pollution Essays
- Child labor Essays
- Schizophrenia Essays
- Smoking Essays
- Manifest destiny Essays
- Trifles Essays
- Vietnam war Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to things fall apart:
- Summary of the Problem: Fall PreventionDescription: A description of a middle-range theory that could be applied to the problem. Is this middle-range theory appropriate to your identified problem? A brief discussion of the middle-range theory's origins....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Funeral Polka by Nic Labriola. Creative Writing EssayDescription: In Funeral Polka, the main conflict is how to bury the dead body of a mother who passed away days ago. Unfortunately, the father has no money, and he feels guilty about that. The son, on the other hand, does everything to please his father and helps him get out of his uncertain situation....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Creative Writing | Essay |
- Literature Review. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Fall prevention is one of the safety challenges for health care providers; falls is the leading cause of accidental deaths in the US and is attributed to higher health care cot annually....3 pages/≈825 words | 8 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |