2 pages/≈550 words
Class 518 Comments: Bio Psychosocial Framework, Sociocultural Factors (Essay Sample)
these is my comments for my new class 518 Human growth answers must be substantially with a in text citation on each and a reference please read instructions which they are added. Then there is a chart that must be donesource..
Class 518 Comments
Class 518 Comments
1 The Bio psychosocial framework looks at the intersections of sociocultural factors, life cycle forces, biological and psychological factors and how these act as contributing factors to disease and ailments CITATION Pen10 \l 1033 (Penney, 2010). An understanding of the framework requires an empirical examination of the contributing factors and how they inter-relate with each other. The framework enables us to understand a child's development by examining the psychological position of the child about what is expected at that age CITATION Gha09 \l 1033 (Ghaemi, 2009). The Life cycle factor looks at how individual respond to events that occur in their lives differently and uniquely compared to other individuals. The childâ€™s mental capacity and their biological and physical characteristics can also be evaluated against the framework to determine the childâ€™s growth is on track. The framework provides me as a Professional Counselor with a mechanism against which I can juxtapose my clients to determine the best remedy to issues affecting them.
2 Piaget theorizes that a human being follows a pre-determined growth cycle with minor deviations from the normCITATION Pia77 \l 1033 (Elkind, 2008). Piagetâ€™s theory has 4 stages of development namely; sensorimotor period (0-2years) , preoperational period (2-7 years) , concrete operational period (7-11 years), and formal operational period (11years and up). These stages are linear in nature and one stage gives way to another as a child develops. The theory looks at the intellectual development of an individual by examining their mental capacity as the individual transits from infancy, adolescence, and puberty to adulthood CITATION Com08 \l 1033 (Commons, 2008). Piaget notes that initial stages of a childâ€™s life are critical for intellectual development. In the first 12 months after birth, the brain is developing creating neurons and expanding its capacity to process information. Low birth weight especially due to preterm delivery causes a child to have synapses that are not properly developed. The child, therefore, will have as they develop difficulty in adjusting psychologically to the new paradigm. It will also affect their intellectual functioning and general physical health.
2.1 The topics of discussion would be;
* Parental Involvement
* Intellectual development of the child
* Physical development of the child
* Parental expectations for the child Versus their ability
I would lead with, a discussion on the intellectual development of the child. I would lay emphasis on the need to encourage the child to venture from their comfort zones. I would inform the parents of the importance of the child developing this level of initiative at an early stage CITATION Cra11 \l 1033 (Crain, 2011).
2.2 Women in the previous generation were the primary caregivers for children. Their incursion into the workplace has created a vacuum in the child's life. The child is unable to identify an individual with which to develop the bond necessary to create a strong attachment. Alternative caregivers while necessary ...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- Bioethical Issues of Stem Cell TechnologyDescription: The debate on implication of stem cell research focuses on two moral principles choice preventing or alleviating suffering or respecting the value of life-human or animal...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Describe Factors Of A Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) Description: Life-Cycle Cost Analysis is a straightforward process of interpreting specific measure of economic evaluation. The LCCA is performed earlier to help in refining and ensuring that the life cycle cost of a project is reduced...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Minimum WageDescription: Labor laws are typically the result of government policies aimed at regulating labor practices. Minimum Wage Essay Undergraduate level...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |