2 pages/≈550 words
Class 518 Comments: Bio Psychosocial Framework, Sociocultural Factors (Essay Sample)
these is my comments for my new class 518 Human growth answers must be substantially with a in text citation on each and a reference please read instructions which they are added. Then there is a chart that must be donesource..
Class 518 Comments
Class 518 Comments
1 The Bio psychosocial framework looks at the intersections of sociocultural factors, life cycle forces, biological and psychological factors and how these act as contributing factors to disease and ailments CITATION Pen10 \l 1033 (Penney, 2010). An understanding of the framework requires an empirical examination of the contributing factors and how they inter-relate with each other. The framework enables us to understand a child's development by examining the psychological position of the child about what is expected at that age CITATION Gha09 \l 1033 (Ghaemi, 2009). The Life cycle factor looks at how individual respond to events that occur in their lives differently and uniquely compared to other individuals. The childâ€™s mental capacity and their biological and physical characteristics can also be evaluated against the framework to determine the childâ€™s growth is on track. The framework provides me as a Professional Counselor with a mechanism against which I can juxtapose my clients to determine the best remedy to issues affecting them.
2 Piaget theorizes that a human being follows a pre-determined growth cycle with minor deviations from the normCITATION Pia77 \l 1033 (Elkind, 2008). Piagetâ€™s theory has 4 stages of development namely; sensorimotor period (0-2years) , preoperational period (2-7 years) , concrete operational period (7-11 years), and formal operational period (11years and up). These stages are linear in nature and one stage gives way to another as a child develops. The theory looks at the intellectual development of an individual by examining their mental capacity as the individual transits from infancy, adolescence, and puberty to adulthood CITATION Com08 \l 1033 (Commons, 2008). Piaget notes that initial stages of a childâ€™s life are critical for intellectual development. In the first 12 months after birth, the brain is developing creating neurons and expanding its capacity to process information. Low birth weight especially due to preterm delivery causes a child to have synapses that are not properly developed. The child, therefore, will have as they develop difficulty in adjusting psychologically to the new paradigm. It will also affect their intellectual functioning and general physical health.
2.1 The topics of discussion would be;
* Parental Involvement
* Intellectual development of the child
* Physical development of the child
* Parental expectations for the child Versus their ability
I would lead with, a discussion on the intellectual development of the child. I would lay emphasis on the need to encourage the child to venture from their comfort zones. I would inform the parents of the importance of the child developing this level of initiative at an early stage CITATION Cra11 \l 1033 (Crain, 2011).
2.2 Women in the previous generation were the primary caregivers for children. Their incursion into the workplace has created a vacuum in the child's life. The child is unable to identify an individual with which to develop the bond necessary to create a strong attachment. Alternative caregivers while necessary ...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- Diversity in the US Military Lindquist's ResearchDescription: How does Lunquist’s research into Ethnic and Gender Satisfaction in the Military suggest the military is doing in relation to embracing diversity and building a culture of respect and inclusion?...1 page/≈275 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- The Cold War and U.S. Diplomacy: President Richard NixionDescription: President Richard Nixon a U.S. President found himself faced with the task of handling issues arising from Cold War during his term of service...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- The Week 8 Forum Final Assignment: Write a Four Paragraph LetterDescription: Explain the relevant history of the problem (cite your sources); Explain concepts and theories related to the problem (cite your sources); ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |