When Men are at the Disadvantage because of their System (Essay Sample)
Analyse an example of boy culture and highlight what it says about who boys are and who they want to be.
You must draw from 1-3 readings from the course. Make sure to provide evidence of the youth cultures you examine. Examples can be taken from popular culture (including social media), or your own experiences.
tik tok can be a good example. and the emo boy culture.
When Men are at the Disadvantage because of their System
[date]I - Introduction
The Varsity Player
II - Body
Why Boys, the Society Believes, will be Boys
The Gentleman that Provides
III - Conclusion
The Society’s BoysThe Varsity Player
In the late 2000s to early 2010s, most entertainment productions like TV series and music videos portray the leading man as the sporty and popular guy. Troy of Highschool Musical is a basketball player on his campus and belongs among its undisturbed population. In Taylor Swift’s You Belong With Me music video, the leading man is a football player who dates the school cheerleader. Both characters in the productions display popular characteristics like being known by everybody, has a friendly side, and, of course, the team’s best player. Let us not forget how these characters’ cool characters are enhanced. Both Taylor’s partner in the music video and Troy have the ‘nerd girl’ who is their love interest or are attracted to them. Troy has Gabriella, who is portrayed as the Science geek and friends with the campus’s ‘uncool’ population.
On the other hand, Taylor Swift is portrayed as the rimmed-glasses girl who sits and plays on the bleacher and the school band. These girls’ portrayal as the total opposite of the cool guy characters and their love interests builds up men’s societal image. It sends the message that cool and handsome guys like those two can love girls that are “not their level,” which makes them even more relaxed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to basketball:
- Describe how and why knowledge increases wonder. What are some key moments, memories, or exp. . .Description: Describe how and why knowledge increases wonder. What are some key moments, memories, or experiences in your life that confirms the idea that knowledge increases wonder? You’re welcome to refer to and address any of our assigned readings Literature & Language Essay...5 pages/≈1375 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- MAT 243 Project Three Summary Report. Mathematics & Economics. Statistics ProjectDescription: The analyses in this project aim to use aggregated data describing team performance to predict the total number of wins for a team in the regular season....6 pages/≈1650 words | No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |
- Project 2 Mathematics & Economics Statistics ProjectDescription: The statistical analyses performed aim to investigate performance patterns in order to help make key decisions to improve the team’s performance. In particular, the statistical analyses focus on the team’s relative skill level, average points, and the proportion of games won when scoring 80 points or more....4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Statistics Project |