American Class Perspectives (Essay Sample)
Examine how the American class system looks from the perspective of people of color, women, and people with non-traditional gender orientation. Please give scrupulous attention to the idea that how we think and act as a gender and as a sexual being is not a choice, but an orientation that seems to be largely predisposed. Rely heavily on the required readings as you use a sociological perspective to compare and contrast the reported experiences of different individuals from different minority groups. Add to the required readings with reading done on your own. The final product is to be a 3- to 4-page paper, properly cited and formatted according to CSU-Global APA style requirements. Sources such as Wikipedia, USA Today, Fox or MSNBC news are not acceptable. This is an individual paper, however, you should reflect on our Discussion Forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.source..
America is one of the most metropolitan countries in the world, with a number of races living in the different states. One would think that this is a good thing and most of the people from the different races and tribes fit in the social cloth in a close knit of equality and justice (Pbs.org, 2014). Ideally, there is a system of social classes that determine the privileges, challenges and the opportunities that one has in their lives and that of their children. The idea of the American dream is born of the populations that are struggling to feel that they fit in the society and can have the same level of benefits as the rest of the population that is privileged. People of color, women and people with non-traditional sexual preferences have come to bear the blunt of the social classes and stereotyping in the American society.
In America most of the people do not want to hear that there are social classes that leave some of the people from the different backgrounds out of the loop of social justice and equality (Pbs.org, 2014). In Britain on the other hand, some of the masses have come to understand that there are classes within the social system. As a capitalist nation America, cannot fed off the aspect of social classes as a few of the populace top the social pyramids while the majority live within the bottom of the pyramid. People at the top are rich and with lots of opportunities, while the ones at the bottom are merely surviving (Church, 2012).
Since the days of slavery, people of color have had to resign to the bottom of the social order. They have been viewed as lesser people and treated in a manner that implies they cannot hold special positions in the society. Although there have been massive efforts in the past to make sure that the people of color, are not treated as lesser human beings, there are still traces of the mediocre treatment throughout the states. Over the years the people of colors have...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to american dream:
- Midsummer Night's DreamDescription: A midsummer night’s dream is Shakespeare’s comedy play that was written around the 1590s A.D....3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Catholisism in US HistoryDescription: Catholisism in US History: Inherent in the title American Catholic there are several related groups of believers...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | History | Essay |
- Illegal immigrants should be granted amnestyDescription: Illegal immigrants should be granted amnesty Social Sciences Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |