1 page/≈275 words
Religion & Theology
Meditation Practises (Essay Sample)
Define and describe meditation practices. Do those practices vary among religions, and if so, how? use this as source Simmons, J. K. (1994). Beliefs and Believers. source..
Date of Submission
Mediation involves the means of transforming the mind thereby developing concentration and clarity of though on focussing on a particular issue.Engaging in meditation helps to manage certain patterns off the mind in separate ways and new ways to cultivate thoughts and manage a situation.
There are different types of meditation namely:
* Guided meditation- Mental images of places or situations are formed in a relaxing way you find relaxing. Also known as visualization. There is the use of smell, sound and even sight senses.M
* Mantra meditation- This mediation consists of repeating a word or phrases that calms oneselffor the purpose of distraction from bad thoughts.
* Mindfulness meditation. Is based on the mind. Embracing and awareness on the current situation one is living in is essential here (Simmons, 1994). One is supposed to broaden their awareness and focus is put on what one experiences like breath flow.
* Qi gong - Combines meditation, relaxation, physical movement and breathing exercises to restore and maintain balance.
* Tai chi - This is a form of Chinese martial arts which is gentle. Here, self- pace movements are performed by keeping deep breathing.
* Transcendental meditation - There is the use of a mantra which is reaped silently hence narrowing ones conscience doing away with all the thoughts in the mind.
* Yoga - Exists the performance of a series of postures with controlled breathing exercises to enhance body flexi...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- religious experience: HinduismDescription: religious experience: Hinduism Religion and Theology Essay...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- The Religion ProcessDescription: The Religion Process Religion and Theology Essay...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- six dimensions of world viewsDescription: six dimensions of world views Religion and Theology Essay...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |