Freedom Writers: Providing Two Specific References (Essay Sample)
Choose a character from the movie, Freedom Writers, and:
(1) write 2 paragraphs in which you
(2) discuss how the character does or does not exemplify Christ-like traits,
(3) providing two specific references.
In your paragraphs, include references to conscience, freedom, law (rules, guidelines), and intention.
Submit through Google Classroom by 11:59pm Thursday, February 15, 2018.
Jesus came to the earth to save those who were lost; he died to save people from their sins. The same character of Jesus has been exemplified in the movie freedom writer where the lead protagonist Gruwell is employed in a school where her students did not expect success and were seemingly destined to fail. Gruwell is employed to teach English and Literature and she decides to focus on changing the lives of the students instead of only teaching the subject she was assigned to (“Freedom writers' true story”, 2018). The work focuses on how Gruwell's character symbolizes the traits of Jesus Christ.
First Jesus came to save those who were poor in spirit. He died for the sinners so that they would be cleansed and become good people (Zahniser, 2017). He suffered a lot in his mission of converting the lives of sinners. Similarly,
- Transparency, Enthusiasm And Having A Love For ChristDescription: How does this person affect the reader? What do you think? How is John using this person in the story to create or strengthen faith. You will score one point for each detail, description, or behavior to a total of 5 points....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- Religion and TheologyDescription: Undergraduate Essay: Religion and Theology...7 pages/≈1925 words | 8 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- Theological Analysis: Develop Closer Relationships With Jesus ChristDescription: Offer at least one paragraph for each theological concept that you have chosen to discuss. Define the concept as you understand it. Connect specific quotes from the homily that connect to the particular concept that is being discussed...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |