Freedom Writers: Providing Two Specific References (Essay Sample)
Choose a character from the movie, Freedom Writers, and:
(1) write 2 paragraphs in which you
(2) discuss how the character does or does not exemplify Christ-like traits,
(3) providing two specific references.
In your paragraphs, include references to conscience, freedom, law (rules, guidelines), and intention.
Submit through Google Classroom by 11:59pm Thursday, February 15, 2018.
Jesus came to the earth to save those who were lost; he died to save people from their sins. The same character of Jesus has been exemplified in the movie freedom writer where the lead protagonist Gruwell is employed in a school where her students did not expect success and were seemingly destined to fail. Gruwell is employed to teach English and Literature and she decides to focus on changing the lives of the students instead of only teaching the subject she was assigned to (“Freedom writers' true story”, 2018). The work focuses on how Gruwell's character symbolizes the traits of Jesus Christ.
First Jesus came to save those who were poor in spirit. He died for the sinners so that they would be cleansed and become good people (Zahniser, 2017). He suffered a lot in his mission of converting the lives of sinners. Similarly,
- The First Three Commandments: Relationship With GodDescription: In the first Three Commandments, God reveals what is necessary to establish and maintain the relationship with God. Describe each of three commandments, telling why these are considered justice toward God....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- Religion and Social Development - Brazilian favelasDescription: Religion and Social Development - Brazilian favelas...10 pages/≈2750 words | 12 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- Investigating Hinduism: Research Important Vedic DeitiesDescription: Describe important Vedic deities, their history of development, and their functions. Make an analysis of how the caste system might function in the life...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |