The First Three Commandments: Relationship With God (Essay Sample)
1. In the first Three Commandments, God reveals what is necessary to establish and maintain the relationship with God. Describe each of three commandments, telling why these are considered justice toward God.
2. Jesus taught that the Sabbath was made for human beings. Describe what is meant by the Sabbath. Describe why the Christian Sabbath is on Sunday rather than Saturday and why Catholics are required to offer praise to God in Christ on this day.
Answer BOTH questions.
Answer each question in 8-10 sentences each, expanding each using YOUR thoughts and insights.
Religion and Theology
1. The 1st commandment is: Thou shalt not have other gods before me
It means that Catholics should not worship other gods not recognized by their church and that there is only one god.
The 2nd commandment is: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
It means that worshipping God by an image is against the law of the church because they see it as ridiculous and improper.
The 3rd commandment is: Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
This commandment means to avoid the wrongful use of
- What is the Nature and Mission of the ChurchDescription: Religion and Theology Essay: What is the Nature and Mission of the Church...6 pages/≈1650 words | 8 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- Extra Credit Assignment: Was Your Food Made By SlavesDescription: The article Was Your Food Made by Slaves, by Kevin Clarke awakens one of the debates that most of the people have not given the required level of interest....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- Islam Final PaperDescription: The term Muslim World or Ummah became more pronounced after the death of Prophet Muhammad and it is sometimes difficult to find a common definition ...12 pages/≈3300 words | 31 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |