Article Review “Modern Biological Theories of Aging” Psychology Essay (Essay Sample)
Read the article “Modern Biological Theories of Aging”. Review each item in the article summary to
determine whether the author was accurate and clear. Write down all instances of effective writing, new
contributions to the field, as well as areas of the article that need improvement. Create a list of strengths
and weaknesses. The strength of the article may be that it presents a clear summation of a particular issue.
Its weakness may be that it does not offer any new information or solutions. Use specific examples and
Think about the following questions to help you critique and engage with the article:
• What does the article set out to do?
• What is the theoretical framework or assumptions?
• Are the central concepts clearly defined?
• How adequate is the evidence?
• How does the article fit into the literature and field? Explain.
• Does it advance the knowledge of the subject?
• Do you agree/disagree with the author(s) on the subject matter? Explain.
*Include in-text citation for the APA *
* Include an In-text citation from the textbook* ( Santrock, J.W. (2019). Life-Span Development (17th ed.). Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill.)
*include outside source*
The article describes the several modern biological theories of aging: programmed and error theories. The article assumes that even though these theories describe aging, none of them seem to be entirely adequate. As a result, to promote aging successfully, the theories should interact with each other. The main concepts of the article are related to aging, lifespan, and biological. A lot of emphasis is placed on the concept of lifespan because despite advances in genetics and biological concepts, the factors that influence human lifespan are yet to be fully understood. This statement is supported by Santrock (2019), who indicates that understanding lifespan development is difficult because the development is influenced by a wide range of biological, psychological, and social factors.
By summarizing the important points of each modern biologica
- Reducing socioeconomic disparities in the STEM pipeline through student emotion regulationDescription: Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) are the open career opportunities that are readily available in the US economy, which has evolved considerably. ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Human Services Agency Report. Faith Bridge Foster CareDescription: Human services entail all the efforts geared towards assisting and empowering the people in society, so that they can manage to achieve their goals and needs. ...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Child psychology popular press paper. Grudges come naturally to kids – Gratitude must be t. . .Description: The article by The Conversation discusses a phenomenon in child psychology where the holding of grudges comes naturally to the children, but being grateful is an attribute which they are taught....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Psychology | Essay |