20FPSYC471XB1 Psychology Essay Research Coursework (Essay Sample)
Discussion Board 1 - Chapters 1-4
(1) As you read about the history of drugs in this country, you will note that attitudes about use changed as time passed and that attitudes and biases changed over the decades. Take some time to do a short life review and describe time periods in your life that impacted your attitudes about the use of illicit drugs. What was happening in your personal life that impacted how you felt?
(2) Have you ever tried to stop consuming a substance (alcohol, other drugs, caffeine, sweets, etc)? What was your experience? Have you watched others try to stop? What sorts of thoughts and feelings did you notice in each case? What thoughts or feelings got in the way of your success reducing or abstaining from use, or made it difficult to support others in their efforts? What helped?
(3) What biases do find in yourself about process addictions? Are there some behaviors that you more readily accept or reject as being problematic or addictive?
(4) Read the section in this chapter about counselors in recovery and journal about your feelings connected with whether you think counselors who have never been addicted or counselors in recovery from an addictive past make the best addictions counselors.
Foundations of Addictions 4th ed 2019
Capuzzi ISBN: 9780135166932
When I joined college, life seemed different. I got the opportunity to try new things. I had more freedom with minimal parental supervision, I started to attend drinking parties. During a particular weekend, I participated in a friend's party and was persuaded to drink alcohol and smoke. It was a tense moment. Since I had not tried it before, I was curious to know how it tastes and feels. I picked the habit, which continued for about three years until two friends died from drunk driving. During the period, I wasted time and failed in several classes. I also started to engage in gambling activities. My health deteriorated, and I had to change and pursue my career goals.
On several occasions, I tried avoiding my friends and
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to drunk driving:
- How engineering changed you perspective on the world Engineering EssayDescription: This experience happened in one chilly evening as we were driving home with my friend, Erickson, from school after having a tiresome day of lots of activities. My friend was the driver and drove a slow speed because he had no enough experience in driving. I was directing him on various...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Engineering | Essay |
- I need a reflection of these articles Social Sciences Book ReviewDescription: In around 1492 and 1914, Europe had dominated about 84 percent of the world and established settlements while dynamically dispersing their culture. The major driving force for their dominance globally and as a superior global power has often been linked to the desire to trade...1 page/≈275 words | Other | Social Sciences | Book Review |
- Meeting Members Needs Management Essay Research PaperDescription: The major driving forces which contributed to the people's sacrifice in the formation of unions include employers overlooking problems of employees, unsafe work regulations, unfair wages and dealing with employees unethically. The workers felt dissatisfied with the employee's behaviour,...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Management | Essay |