Summarize An Atlas of Upward Mobility Shows Paths Out of Poverty (Essay Sample)
For the article you must submit a 1-2 page summary/analysis of the article, the correct font is the following:
1) The Article Summary must be Typed double space. (APA Format)
2) One inch margins all around the page.
3) Font 12, Times New Roman or Arial ONLY.
4) Every article must have a Cover Page and a References page as requested in APA
5) Write it ALL in your OWN words, DO NOT COPY / PASTE anything, your grade will be severely penalized if you do so.
‘Moving to Opportunity’ is an anti-poverty experiment created by the Congress twenty years ago due to riots in Los Angeles. Its main goal was helping the less fortunate families gain access to better neighborhoods by giving out vouchers on a random basis to facilitate research. The research results were disappointing as there was no increment in earnings for voucher beneficiaries in later years. Education never seemed to get better for the children in school either. Due to the program failure, poverty seemed unmanageable. However, the findings of experiment is bound to be overturned by another new study.
Children being raised up in some places end up with more earnings than they would if they grew up in a different place. The new study used earning records of families that accommodated chilred to come to the conclusion that poor children growing up in some towns and cities have vetter chances of escaping poverty compared to those growing up in other places. The new data explains the recent Baltimore protests on poverty trap. Chances of escaping poverty are minimal in the city of Baltimore, with boys facing more hardship. Low-income boys who were born in the city but moved out to other cities make about 25% more than their counterparts who remain the city. So far, the study presents a more detailed portrait of upward mobility alongside its absence. The findings also reveal geographical mobility being key in defining the poor kids that manage to achieve the purported American dream.
From the study, it is evident that something can be done about upward mobility, with every childhood being spent in a much better neighborhood appearing to matter. Some of the places with low chances of escaping poverty include Chic
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Health care Essays
- Psychology Essays
- I have a dream Essays
- Emotional intelligence Essays
- Frankenstein Essays
- Holocaust Essays
- Language Essays
- Censorship Essays
- Mental illness Essays
- Water pollution Essays
- Child labor Essays
- Schizophrenia Essays
- Smoking Essays
- Manifest destiny Essays
- Trifles Essays
- Vietnam war Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to poverty:
- Racism And Ethnicity In The SocietyDescription: Racism and ethnicity form a key problem in the society. The functionalists have it that race and ethnicity are part of a cohesive society and their importance explains the reasons for its long-term existence....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Reaction Paper |
- Literature Review Early Childhood Brain DevelopmentDescription: You will conduct a mini literature review. first you will choose a topic from course content. (Early childhood brain development) find an article online and had a literature review of it making sure it is specific to eraly childhood education....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Education | Essay |
- English Explanatory Synthesis Paper: How Significant Ernie Davis IsDescription: The life history and engagement of Davis was indeed significant to the extent that he inspired generations, influenced societal values and engaged in the civil rights movement....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |