3 pages/≈825 words
Mathematics & Economics
Analysis Comprehension (Philosophy) (Essay Sample)
Analysis Comprehension LOOKING FOR for neatness, clarity, and evidence of methodical approach – Feel free to use graph paper for certain parts!!!PLEASE ANSWER IN FULL COMPLETELY ALL THE QUESTIONS BELOW HERE IS THE INFORMATION A IQ of a group of people 91, 96, 140, 98, 108, 99, 94, 126, 106, 103, 107, 119, 115 B Corresponding ages of the group of people 31, 61, 42, 33, 26, 29, 33, 38, 24, 19, 16, 44, 29 Utilizing the attached data set of IQ scores, respond to the questions for each set of data: 1. Find Σ X 2. What is the median? 3. What is the mode? 4. What is the mean? 5. What is N? 6. What is the range? Is it significant? 7. Display the range in equation form. 8. Create a frequency distribution; from that, chart a frequency polygon 9. Find the variance _ Σ (X-X) 2 N – 1 10. Find the Standard Deviation and chart up to 3+ and 3- standard deviations on a graph _ Σ (X-X) 2 _ = │ N – 1 ***************************************************** 11. If your IQ is 126, what is the significance of that in terms of this data set? i. What is your deviation score (variation from the mean)? ii. What is your z score and what does that mean? iii. What is your percentile rank and what does that mean? 12. If your age is 20, what is the significance of that in terms of this data set? i. What is your deviation score (variation from the mean)? ii. What is your z score and what does that mean? iii. What is your percentile rank and what does that mean? ******************************************************* 13. Chart a scatterplot for this data. 14. Find Pearson's r to determine the linear relationship of this data. What does this score mean? This will answer the question: Is there a relationship between IQ and age? Pearson's product moment correlation: NΣ xy-(Σ x)(Σ y) r= [NΣ x2 – (Σ x)2][NΣ y2 – (Σ y)2] *remember to use the method in the files attached– create your tables!! 15. If we were to do an experiment with this group where we wanted to find out if there was a relationship between IQ and attitude towards the Canadian mission in Afghanistan, how might we do that? Explain and demonstrate using notation source..
Table 1: Descriptive Statistics
a. Multiple modes exist. The smallest value is shown
Using the IQ scores for the sample, table 1 was created in order to get an overview of the data.
1 Find ÏƒX
Ïƒx = x-Î¼2N-1
= 91-107.852, 96-107.852, 140-107.852, 98-107.852, â€¦., 115-107.85213-1
= 2,357.69312= 196.4744
Ïƒx for IQ = 14.01693
2 What is the median?
91, 94, 96, 98, 99, 103, 106, 107, 108, 115, 119, 126, 140
Median for IQ is 106
3 What is the mode?
IQ has multiple modes, but the smallest value of these modes is 91.
4 What is the mean?
Î¼=x1, x2, x3, â€¦, XxN = 91,96,140,â€¦, 11513
Average IQ for this sample is 107.85.
5 What is N?
N for this sample is 13.
6 What is the range? Is it significant?
Range for IQ is 49.
7 Display the range in equation form.
Range = xmax - xmin
Range for IQ = 140 - 91
8 Create a frequency distribution; from that, chart a frequency polygon
Figure 1: Frequency Polygon for IQ
9. Find the variance
= 91-107.84622, 96-107.84622, 140-107.84622, â€¦, 115-107.8462213-1
variance for IQ is 196.4744
10. Find the Standard Deviation and chart up to 3+ and 3- standard deviations on a graph
[Please re-draw this graph by hand]
Figure 2: Bell Curve for IQ
11. If your IQ is 126, what is the significance of that in terms of this data set?[please redraw the graph by hand on a graphing paper before submitting to your teacher]
= 126 - 107.846214.01693
percentile rank = number of scores below xn âˆ™100
= 1113 âˆ™100
= 84.62th percentile
IQ = 126 is located 1.30 standard deviations to the right of the mean. This means that IQ=126 has a z-score of 1.30. The area between z=0 and z=1.30 is .4032. This means that there is 40.32% chance of getting an IQ score of 126 for this sample. Percentile rank for IQ = 126 is 84.62. This means that a person with IQ of 126 has an IQ higher than almost 85% of the sample. Moreover, the...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Institutional AffiliationDescription: Mathematics and Economics Essay: Institutional Affiliation...7 pages/≈1925 words | 8 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |
- ARTICLE REVIEWDescription: Mathematics and Economics: ARTICLE REVIEW...1 page/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |
- The Political Economy of Trade (International Economics)Description: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Mathematics and Economics Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. The Political Economy of Trade (International Economics)...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |