Anti-Poverty Policy Assessment Literature Review (Essay Sample)
In this exercise, you are to choose ONE of the policies listed below and find THREE papers that evaluates the policy on ONE dimension. I would recommend looking effects on poverty, employment or labor supply but you can choose another dimension or multiple ones if that follows your paper. The policies and web links to suggested sites are below.
In your short report (2 pages, max), you must include the following:
1. A short description of your policy and its rules. What type of policy is it? Who is eligible? What do they receive? Include any relevant program parameters on benefits and eligibility.
2. Write a short description of the paper you chose:
c. Purpose of the paper: how is it evaluating the policy? What dimension is your study focused on? (Effects on poverty, labor supply, etc.)
d. Methodology used in the paper (econometrics, case studies, statistical analysis, simple statistics, qualitative etc.)
e. Describe the key results from the paper and the author’s conclusion on the effectiveness of the policy.
3. At the end, include a citation to the paper.
Welfare: Cash Assistance Programs
1. Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
2. Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF)
3. Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
1. Food stamps
2. Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Brookings Institution (welfare programs)
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
www.cbpp.org (welfare programs, EITC)
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
*directory to current research reports from various think tanks and organizations)
Joint Center for Policy Research
www.jcpr.org (welfare programs)
Manpower Development Research Corporation
www.mdrc.org (welfare programs)
National Bureau of Economic Research (EITC)
www.urban.org (welfare programs)
*welfare rules database + studies*
U.S. Department of Agriculture (food stamp program)
www.fns.usda.gov/fsp (welfare programs)
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – Center for Medicare/Medicaid
Anti-Poverty Policy Assessment Literature Review
Description of policy
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a refundable credit targeting low-income income working families, and those who qualify file tax returns to get the refunds. For those with earned income there are limits and for joint families with a ...
- Demand-Side Policies And The Great Recession Of 2008Description: For an economy to achieve macroeconomic policy aims, the government uses a range of policies such as fiscal and monetary policies. Both the fiscal and monetary policies had a great influence in the United States during the Great Recession....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |
- Mathematics: Solving Equations, Relations and FunctionsDescription: Discuss the general shape and location of each of your graphs. State the domain and range for each of your equations. Write them in interval notation....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |
- Econ 104: John Maynard Keynes Contributions Homework Assignment #5 Description: Time Magazine called John Maynard Keynes one of the top 100 scientists and thinkers of the 20th century. From the article, identify two “big” ideas that Keynes had. Explain why they are important....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |