Anti-Poverty Policy Assessment Literature Review (Essay Sample)
In this exercise, you are to choose ONE of the policies listed below and find THREE papers that evaluates the policy on ONE dimension. I would recommend looking effects on poverty, employment or labor supply but you can choose another dimension or multiple ones if that follows your paper. The policies and web links to suggested sites are below.
In your short report (2 pages, max), you must include the following:
1. A short description of your policy and its rules. What type of policy is it? Who is eligible? What do they receive? Include any relevant program parameters on benefits and eligibility.
2. Write a short description of the paper you chose:
c. Purpose of the paper: how is it evaluating the policy? What dimension is your study focused on? (Effects on poverty, labor supply, etc.)
d. Methodology used in the paper (econometrics, case studies, statistical analysis, simple statistics, qualitative etc.)
e. Describe the key results from the paper and the author’s conclusion on the effectiveness of the policy.
3. At the end, include a citation to the paper.
Welfare: Cash Assistance Programs
1. Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
2. Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF)
3. Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
1. Food stamps
2. Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Brookings Institution (welfare programs)
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
www.cbpp.org (welfare programs, EITC)
Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
*directory to current research reports from various think tanks and organizations)
Joint Center for Policy Research
www.jcpr.org (welfare programs)
Manpower Development Research Corporation
www.mdrc.org (welfare programs)
National Bureau of Economic Research (EITC)
www.urban.org (welfare programs)
*welfare rules database + studies*
U.S. Department of Agriculture (food stamp program)
www.fns.usda.gov/fsp (welfare programs)
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – Center for Medicare/Medicaid
Anti-Poverty Policy Assessment Literature Review
Description of policy
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a refundable credit targeting low-income income working families, and those who qualify file tax returns to get the refunds. For those with earned income there are limits and for joint families with a ...
- Entitlement Program Research Paper: Negative Income TaxDescription: Entitlement Programs of the federal government include Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, Unemployment and Welfare Programs. ...8 pages/≈2200 words | 8 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |
- Monetary & Fiscal Policy, The Macropolish PresidentDescription: Macropoland is currently experiencing a recession--consumption and investment are very sluggish, and unemployment is quite high at 9%. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |
- International Economics PaperDescription: The president and the Congress can stimulate or contract the economy though the manipulation or control of the fiscal policy...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |