Values & Ethical Choices Management Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
Integrity can be described as a congruence (match) between what we think, say and do in our personal lives and our professional lives. It is indicative of honesty, moral strength, and courage. The concept of "core values" can be described as those values that guide our behaviors and serve as a vision for our life. As noted in this week's course material: "When you are able to identify your core values, you have a clear picture of the kind of person you want to be and the kind of life you want to have".
This week's topic challenges us to gain greater clarity and awareness of our personal values and how they align with our career and life choices. For this week's discussion board, please review the 10 Core Values of Zappos Company Culture (Week 5: Required Resources) and pick two of the Zappos core values that resonate with your own personal values. Discuss why you picked those two and how they could play out in the workplace.
Next, provide two examples of how your selected core values can support ethical behavior in the workplace.
10 Core Values of Zappos Company Culture:
Deliver WOW Through Service
Embrace and Drive Change
Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
Pursue Growth and Learning
Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
Do More With Less
Be Passionate and Determined
Values & Ethical Choices
Name Course Instructor Date
Pick two of the Zappos core values that resonate with your own personal values.
* Pursue Growth and Learning
* Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
Discuss why you picked those two and how they could play out in the workplace.
The core value “Pursue Growth and Learning “highlights taking action and being passionate where they learn something that helps to grow personally and professionally. I picked this core value as there is the emphasis on an individual being motivated to take action and learning, which helps to achieve the best potential. I strive to be the best and maximize my potential, which is consistent with the core value, and organizations select highly motivated people who are willing to grow the organization rather than those who are stuck in one place. “Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication” emphasizes open c
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Public Pensions and Employer/Labor Relations Management EssayDescription: Public pensions are underfunded primarily because of their budgetary costs. Notably, providing public pensions does not lead to immediate profits or payoffs for the politicians and therefore, they tend to prefer to invest in other profitable ventures rather than for pension plans...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Management | Essay |
- Political Climate Management Essay Research CourseworkDescription: The president of the United States is required to appoint the five members of the National Labor Relations Board and in most cases, the president tends to appoint representatives on the board whose views, agendas, and goals align with his own. Politically, this helps in strengthening...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Management | Essay |
- Current Event Article Summaries Management Essay PaperDescription: This article highlights the effects the Covid-19 pandemic has had on the world economy. Despite it not being the first disease outbreak to spread globally, it is the first to be met with such fierce combating measures from governments in an attempt to slow the infection rate and properly utilize available...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Management | Essay |