Ethics in Project Management Management Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
You have been asked by your supervisor to develop an upcoming training on the following topics: ethics, international factors, and cross-cultural considerations in project management in which you discuss the following as it relates to successful project management:
• A summary of each topic as it relates to project management.
• Challenges (common pitfalls) and opportunities for growth and/or improvement.
• Solutions for dealing with challenges common in project management.
• Include one scenario applicable to each concept in which your coworkers will have to determine an appropriate response to handling the issue presented in the scenario and faced by a project management team.
Solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Only Word documents can be submitted to LopesWrite.
I am thinking between 3 to 7 short credible sources and articles that can easily be located within my school's online library or on google will be sufficient enough.
Read chapters 2, 10, 14, and 15 of Project Management: The Managerial Process. Larson, E. W., & Gray, C. F. (2018). Project management: The managerial process (7th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill/Irwin. ISBN-13: 9781259924484
Mortaji, S. T. H., Bagherpour, M., & Noori, S. (2013). Fuzzy earned value management using L-R fuzzy numbers. Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 24(2), 323–332. https://doi-org(dot)lopes(dot)idm(dot)oclc(dot)org/10.3233/ifs-2012-0556
Unit Name & Number:
Date of Submission
Ethics in Project Management
Ethics is a crucial ingredient in project management. It refers to coming up with the best decisions concerning resources, environment, and people (Larson et al., 2018). Ethical decisions reduce risk, increase trust, increase the achievement of positive results, build reputations, and determine lasting success. Project management leadership depends on good ethical choices. Since ethics is essential in the successful execution of projects, PMI has formulated a document that consists of the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct to help project managers make right and honorable decisions. The Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct highpoints ethical values like honesty, fairness, trust, respect, and responsibility (Larson et al., 2018). All these values create agreement and professionalism among the project team, which eventually leads to the success of the project
Ethics holds together distinct cultures spanning different time zones, team members with diverse behaviors, and sections with exclusive objectives. To evade ethical dilemmas, the PMI developed an Ethical Decision-Making Framework to supplement the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. The Ethical Decision-Making Framework describes steps that guide a person through project management practice in making the right decisions when faced with an ethical dilemma (Larson et al., 2018). It consists of the following steps;
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- 8-2 Short Paper: Employment Law Management Essay PaperDescription: In the case study, Kareem was an ABC Corporation employee who worked at the organization’s call center unit for eight months. Kareem was a Muslim and had to take a break during his normal work schedules to pray five times a day. Since Kareem was working as a customer representative...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Management | Essay |
- Interview Research Method Management Essay ResearchDescription: An interview is a qualitative research technique that involves asking open-ended questions to collect relevant data about a subject. In most cases, the interviewer is an expert in the subject matter and intends to understand the respondents' opinions using a well-planned and executed series...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Management | Essay |
- Innovation Management Essay Research Coursework PaperDescription: The innovation that characterizes the operations of Tesla is nothing short of remarkable. Under the leadership of CEO Elon Musk, the company has pioneered major innovations in the electric car industry. In the TED video, Seth Godin emphasizes that for an idea to spread, it has to be remarkable...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Management | Essay |