Benchmark Research Assignment: Servant Leadership Analysis (Essay Sample)
Analyze your volunteer experience by writing a 1,000-1,250 word reflection focused on your volunteer experience. Examine how volunteering enabled you to practice the principles of servant leadership. Reference and address the following in the paper.
1. Summarize your servant leadership volunteer opportunity by sharing the who, what, when, where, why, and how of the experience.
WHO = Contact information for the organizational leader is Mr. Ambrose Amoakoh, Part-time Pastoral Associate and coordinator
WHAT = Packaging and distributing food twice each month to the needy and registered clients living in Newark, New Jersey.
WHEN = Twice every month, two last week Saturdays of every month
WHERE = Pierre Toussaint Food Pantry- St. Mary's Church, 528 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Newark, NJ 07102. Telephone number - (973) 792-5790. )
WHY = "?
2. Which of Greenleaf's principles of servant leadership did you implement and learn the most about through completing the servant leadership experience? Provide examples in your discussion.
3. Both Greenleaf and the biblical passages referenced in the various Topic Materials focus on the idea that power comes from giving it away and that taking the role of a servant can make one a leader. Discuss whether or not your servant leadership volunteer opportunity helped you to find yourself as a leader in this way. Provide supporting examples.
4.. Use examples from your servant leadership volunteer opportunity to discuss the idea that serving others as a leader might influence change or produce a positive impact for the greater good.
5. Think about your personal leadership skills and style and discuss what your learned about yourself as a servant leader from completing the volunteer opportunity.
6. Looking forward, how will you use what you have learned about the principles of servant leadership in your workplace, organizations with which you are involved, and in your personal life?
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Although the idea of servant leadership might have been in existence about two thousand years ago, the currently used was discovered by Robert K. Greenleaf in the year 1970. Robert was the Chief Executive Officer of the Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership. His idea of servant leadership was first heard of when he published his classical essay entitled The Leader as a Servant. According to Robert, being a servant leader is an in-born desire to serve others that is why he said that a leader who considers him or herself as a leader should be servant first. Greenleaf suggested that before anyone becomes a servant leader; he or she should be ready to see him or herself as a servant first. A servant leader must first consider that if the people being served are healthier, are becoming wiser, are having freedom, are more autonomous and they themselves are likely to become servants. When I got servant leadership volunteer opportunity at Pirre Toussaint Food Pantry, which is situated at St. Mary`s Church in Newark, NJ, I had to use some of the Greenleaf's principles to enable perform as expected (Spears,
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to martin luther king:
- PGA Tour, Inc. v. Martin Case Study Assignment Description: The United States Supreme court faced the question of whether the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) applied to a professional sports body...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- King Lear Paragraphs Research Assignment PaperDescription: Aristotle's two main elements of plot and character are well described in the story. The king believes in what appeals to him and fears facing the truth...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Mythology: Oedipus Rex Literary Criticism Essay AssignmentDescription: This essay examines the view of ancient Greek government that can be witnessed in the Oedipus the king and what can be inferred about Sophocles argument...8 pages/≈2200 words | 9 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |