Examining Ethical Issues in Cases. Management Essay (Essay Sample)
To prepare for this Discussion, review this week’s resources. Select one of the following cases: Guantanamo (McNeal, 2010) or the Exxon Valdez (Kurtz, 2003). Then, consider the following:
1. How did organizational culture influence ethical decision making?
2. What are the ethical issues?
3. What are the issues facing the decision makers?
4. How did the organizational culture influence decision making?
5. What did you learn from this case that you can use as a public administrator?
6. What, if anything, does the case have in common with the 2013 Internal Revenue Service (IRS) scandal over IRS audits of conservative nonprofit agencies?
7. To what extent does attention by the American public media influence ethical decision making of public and nonprofit public administrators? Do you think that such media exposure should determine administrative decisions?
Ethical Decision Making
The National Service Park and Exxon Valdez Case
Ethical Decision Making
The influence of organizational culture in ethical decision-making
The company culture affected decision-making by giving the new employees the past stories of incidences in the company to make them understand the problems that were faced. Moreover, they were made conscious of collaboration in problem-solving. Employees were also encouraged to retain integration and increase trust among themselves and management.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethical dilemma:
- Discussion: Guerrilla Government and Waldo’s Map of Ethical Obligations of a Public Servan. . .Description: Guerilla government can be defined as a form of dissent that is typically done by employees within an organization that is unhappy with the actions of their public agencies, or individuals that strategically choose not to inform the public concerning their concerns....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Ethics in Organizational Culture. Management EssayDescription: KeepGoing is a non-profit organization whose operations are based in developing countries. It aims at empowering women and youth by providing them with funds and training them to support their entrepreneurial activities, with the aim of giving them financial independence....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Assignment: Cooper's Ethical Decision-Making ModelDescription: This is relative to the fact that most of the decisions that one has to make are faced with ethical standards and the need to uphold the work relations and complexities that come with the various needs of the people that they are serving ...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |