Ethics in Organizational Culture. Management Essay (Essay Sample)
the paper should include the following:
• A brief description of the government or nonprofit organization
• A brief summary of how an organization’s culture can influence the creation of ethical and potentially unethical policies and practices
• An explanation of how the organization’s culture (norms, customs, and traditions) might have influenced decision making and the creation of specific policies and practices
• A description of a specific policy or practice that presents an ethical dilemma and an explanation of how that specific policy or practice creates the dilemma
• An explanation of how public administrators might use internal and external controls to maintain responsible conduct in the public organization
• An explanation of how, as a public administrator, you might resolve the ethical dilemma, using the ethical decision-making model presented in the text
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. Provide a reference list with all resources included in the paper.
Ethics in Organizational Culture
Ethics in Organizational Culture
KeepGoing is a non-profit organization whose operations are based in developing countries. It aims at empowering women and youth by providing them with funds and training them to support their entrepreneurial activities, with the aim of giving them financial independence. As a non-profit organization, it depends highly on donations, which are mostly acquired by the employees.
Organizational culture plays a vital role in the creation of policies and practices that guide different actors in the organization. According to Griffin (2017), an organization’s culture, coupled with the actions of its leaders, is the cornerstone of the ethical situation of any organization. As such, some cultures can contribute greatly to the creation of ethical or unethical practices and policies. As noted by Griffin (2017), an organization that completely supports its actors in doing whatever it takes to protect the interests of the stakeholders can actively result in the formation of unethical practices. The opposite is also true, where the organizational culture can result in ethical practices. In the case of KeepGoing, the organization has cultivated a culture that encourages stiff competition among the employees.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to culture essays:
- The GM Culture Crisis: what leaders must learn from this culture case studyDescription: The General Motors also known as GM is a world known automotive company and it is one of the leading companies in automobiles. The CEO failed in looking at the cause of the problem and not firing workers now and then....3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Case Study |
- Analyze the influence of corporate culture, including leadership, power, and motivation, on . . .Description: Think about a company you have worked for, either currently or in the past. Reflect upon the corporate culture with respect to the practice of ethics within the organization. ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Reaction Paper |
- Reflection on Religious Culture. Mormon Cultural BeliefsDescription: Mormons are Christians who belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Mormon religious culture was introduced in 1820 by Joseph Smith in New York. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |