Discussion question. Do we pay CEO's too much? Management Essay (Essay Sample)
Please use 300-400 words to answer those questions.
1. Do we pay CEO's too much? If not what should we pay them and if we do why do we pay them so much?
2. On page 447 of the text the authors state, "...not everyone wants to have their pay contingent on their performance. There is 'self selection' with incentive plans attracting different people with different characteristics such as willingness to take risks and gender. In fact, some economic studies suggest that some of the variance in male wage rates versus female wage rates can be attributed to this self selection regarding pay for performance." Read the rest of this quote in the text. What do you think of this statement?
3. What benefits do you value and why? What are some creative and different benefits you have encountered?
4. How can we better communicate our benefits programs to employees?
(This is the discussion section of my course. The professor gave us some questions and we need to answer his questions in about 300 words. I will show you some examples written by my classmates. Please answer these four questions in your own words.）
I feel that CEOs are the most overpaid employees at U.S. companies. They make 100s times more money than an ordinary worker of the same office or company. Plus, they receive lots more bonuses and commissions, and this discrepancy prompts various questions: should CEOs be paid based on their workload, experience, and qualifications? Why do companies pay them a lot and offer enormous benefits like medical facilities, free transportation, health insurance and others?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Ethics Essays
- Globalization Essays
- Kite runner Essays
- Drugs Essays
- Artificial intelligence Essays
- George washington Essays
- The crucible Essays
- Body image Essays
- Terrorism Essays
- Autism Essays
- Edgar allan poe Essays
- Mahatma gandhi Essays
- Progressive era Essays
- Overpopulation Essays
- Professionalism Essays
- Hurricane katrina Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to minimum wage:
- Final Draft. Brand Clustering. Literature & Language Case StudyDescription: Many individuals document and share their sentiments on brands, news, and products in Social Network Services. Therefore, social media, for example, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook play a significant role in gathering, transferring, and sharing sentiments of people....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Case Study |
- Child Protective Services and Logan's ExperienceDescription: There has been a heated debate in the recent past about what is the appropriate measure to take to ensure there is a balance between saving a child and destroying a family from which the child is to be taken from. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Provide an example of a study that uses factorial ANOVADescription: When using the factorial approach in designing an experiment, the objective is to determine how the independent variables influence a process and whether they interact with each other. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |