Discussion Board 4: Event Tech (Essay Sample)
Discussion Board 4: Event Tech
Chapter 12 of our textbook discusses event technology and the need to stay current in this area amidst exponential change.
1. Identify a new technology that is changing the status quo for event marketing and/or operations (e.g. social media tech for marketing, registration tech, entertainment tech, security tech, logistics tech, virtual event tech, etc.). What major events today are using this technology?
2. How long has this technology been around? Is it still in its infancy? Or is it well-developed and established?
3. Are there any risks or concerns with use of this tech? (e.g. privacy, information security, customer satisfaction, user comprehension and readiness, etc.)
4. What are the approximate monetary costs associated with purchase and deployment of this technology? Is it much more expensive than alternative ways of managing the need of the event? Explain.
5. Do you predict that this technology will be phased out in the short-term (<10 years) by something newer/better? Or is this new tech something that will lasted (i.e. a peak in innovative development)?
1 One technology that is slowly gaining popularity in today’s event marketing or operations is the use of Mobile Devices and Applications. This kind of technology is able to make an online reservation capability that is connected to the identification of an attendee, connected to his smart phone or smart device. Many events, like large Sports Events like the Winter Olympics use mobile applications for monitoring its participants, and providing an avenue for communication, event information dissemination, event rules and regulations and many more.
2 This technology is still in its infancy and can still create more ways of utilizing mobile device as a tool for event management and organization. Although it is a new technology in the field of event operations, mobile devices and applications have ben present in the tech market for almost a decade, but the advancement in this field has a long way to go.
3 The risks that are involved in this kind of technology includes system security issues that can be caused by hacking, application bugs, and unforeseen factors such as m
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Racial profiling Essays
- Soccer Essays
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to technology:
- The Event Industry: Social Media Tech for MarketingDescription: Identify a new technology that is changing the status quo for event marketing and/or operations (e.g. social media tech for marketing, registration tech, entertainment tech, security tech, logistics tech, virtual event tech, etc.)...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Management | Essay |
- Companies And Organization Shift: Innovation SolutionDescription: It is a shift that has companies and organization shift to data science automation and operationalization as there is pressure for business leaders to look for innovation solution...2 pages/≈550 words | 8 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Analysis of The Veldt- TechnologiesDescription: “The Veldt” is a short story by Ray Bradbury, about two parents, Mr. and Mrs. Hadley who are experiencing real-life challenges with their two kids, Peter and Wendy due to their technologically advanced home....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |