Developing An HR Plan For Organizational Strategy (Essay Sample)
BBA 3602, Principles of Management 4
Unit V Homework Assignment
For this homework assignment, you will develop a supporting human resource (HR) plan for an organizational strategy. In a paper of three to four pages (750-1000 words) of text, offer your ideas for a promising HR assignment, development plan, and sustainment plan to support the strategy of an organization expanding to open offices in sub-Sahara Africa. Drawing from appropriate sources, develop a scenario that provides the business of the organization, identify how much expansion is
taking place, and identify the countries in which the expansion is taking place.
- A useful starting point is estimating the total number of relocating employees that can be supported in the host country.
- Will the organization need to establish a commissary (for grocery purchases), banking and currency exchange, and limited urgent-care stations?
- Should the organization set assignment lengths of one year or two with families?
What does research say is the optimal time period?
- If there are families, what would be the children's school arrangements?
- How will the employees be housed?
- Do they need an increased housing allowance, or does the organization need to procure its own compound of apartment housing?
Your homework assignment must be at least three pages in length.
You are required to use at least one outside source to support your explanation.
Your homework assignment response should be formatted in accordance with APA style.
Developing an HR Plan
It's safe to say that strategic HR planning acts as a key component in human resource management. It involves a number of strategies and aims to help the organization expand itself, generate more revenues and target potential customers from across the globe. Most small-to-large sized companies have their own strategic plans that guide them in meeting their missions and fulfilling the requirements of the customers in a better way. The HR plan I have developed will ensure that Horizon Inc. (an imaginary company) can achieve its organizational goals within a few weeks and comes up the expectations of customers while taking care of the demands of its employees (Jekiel, 2011).
A useful starting point is estimating the total number of relocating employees that can be supported. This will let the company implement new strategies and replace old policies with better ones in the host country. The organization doesn't need to hire new workers for its new branches across the state; instead, it can divide the already-present workers into two or three groups, based on their performance, and can allocate them different tasks. With the passage of time, Horizon Inc. will be able to build its offices or sub-branches in other countries. They have to make sure that the policies and rules and regulations of all states are taken care of while expanding their network and selling items to the locals. They would also have to expand the staff members' job content and include a wide range of tasks, great responsibilities and risk-taking opportunities (Kearns, 2015).
Will the organization need to establish a commissary (for grocery purchases), banking and currency? Certainly, the company, being new in the market, needs to establish a commissary for banking and currency as well as grocery purchase. At the initial step, it might be asked to invest slightly more than what other companies are already investing. But once the trust is built, Horizon Inc. won't have to invest anything extra and instead can enjoy all the benefits in terms of customer satisfaction and increased sales that other, established firms are already enjoying. Should the organization set assignment lengths of one year or two with families? Yes, the organization
- Kirkpatrick's Four Levels Of EvaluationDescription: In this book, he provides details of the four levels which can be used to evaluate a training program and hence the evolution of the Kirkpatrick Four Level Evaluation Model....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Explore The Practice And Impacts Of Racial ProfilingDescription: A major issue in criminal justice that arouses passion is racial profiling. One racial minority group that is racially profiled regularly by the law enforcement is the African Americans...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Landlord-Tenant Law: Smooth Relationship of PeopleDescription: The society is governed by a set of rules and regulations that ensures that there is smooth relationship of people. ...5 pages/≈1375 words | 3 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |