There are different communication styles. Management Essay (Essay Sample)
There are different communication styles. In your paper, address the following:
1. Describe three styles of communication.
2. How are communication styles used and applied in the workplace?
3. Reflect on a work experience/issue where communication impacted the team.
4. What were the outcomes of the situation?
Your paper should be 2-3 pages plus a title page and reference page. Follow APA format, according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. (Links to an external site.) Include 2 outside academic sources to support your responses. Use outside sources other than the textbook, course materials, or other information provided as part of the course materials. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
There are various communication styles that different people use to interact with each other. The first style is referred to as an assertive communication style. Assertive communication involves clearly and respectfully speaking up and standing for what one believes in without pushing ideas on other people (Gerhardt, 2019). Assertive communication is considered the most effective communication style because it allows people to clearly express their differences and compromise when needed. The second style is referred to as aggressive communication where a person forces their ideas and opinions on others by way of intimidation (Gerhardt, 2019). Thus, people who use this style of communication never compromise and are never willing to consider the needs of others.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to learning styles:
- Personal Experience of Situated learning. Education EssayDescription: It is claimed that students are more inclined to learn and understand something through their active participation and contribution to the learning experience....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Education | Essay |
- Harry and the Learning Team. Management Case StudyDescription: When the learning team started, its primary objective was to handle finance cases and help each other. As such, its norms were addressing finance questions, discussing course challenges, interacting freely, and allowing everyone to participate in team discussions....1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Management | Case Study |
- Create a lesson plan to be delivered in the practicum setting.Description: Student Characteristics: For this lesson, the setting of the practicum is health, medicine, and nursing. The students taking this course, a total of 650 students, were divided into 25 groups with each group containing 26 students....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |