Project Communication: Introducing Computers Into The Organization (Essay Sample)
Prepare and post a 2-page paper describing the following:
Brief overview of the project
What type of communication network was used?
What characteristics made it this type of network?
What was effective/ineffective?
If there was an alternative communication network that would have been more effective, describe which one and why.
Recently I was involved in the organization and implementation of introducing computers into our organization. This was a major project for our organization. We have never integrated technology into our organization, everything was manual and only the top management were using computers, so we felt this could be important in improving our products and service delivery to our customers. The project took a considerable amount of planning and organization not only from my part, but also from other project team members. Introducing change in an organization is big project with a lot of challenges. Technology is taking up the way organizations carry their businesses. In our organization, computers were only used in the top management only. The other levels utilized the manual system. Customers used to order for their products and this could take 1-2 weeks before they pick them. However, one employee shared an experience he had with a different organization. He ordered for his products through online and picked it after two days. Therefore, to speed up our service delivery, we embarked on the introduction of computers with a system that would allow sharing of information between departments. From my part, I had to assess the computer skills levels of our employees, explain to them why this change was beneficial to our organization. The project was successfully exe
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
- Gun violence Essays
- Event Management: Wyoming Cowboys' Football GamesDescription: Recommendations to Hawkeye Athletics on how to enhance the fan experience at Kinnick Stadium to maintain, and hopefully increase, attendance at Iowa football games for years to come....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Business Law: The Darden CorporationDescription: Three years ago, the Darden Corporation bought a thousand acres of land that borders the Potowac River in Washam County. While waiting on development opportunities, Darden cut timber to help repay the mortgage loan it took out to buy the land....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Formulating Leadership Part I: Millennial LeadersDescription: The team would promote open communication in all layers of management would help build leadership skills. For example, millennials need to have a deeper engagement and communication with both the younger and older employees in the workplace....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |