Assignment for Week VIII: Case study Management Essay (Essay Sample)
Assignment for Week VIII: Read “Case Study” (pg. 216-252); Read “Conclusion” (pg. 253-280
Week # VIII
7/30 In class: Round table discussion: Final Thoughts/Making Connections
Assignment: Prepare final paper. Use peer review as a tool to tighten up your work.
Follow guidelines for final paper criteria and presentation:
Please allow 6 minutes to present your essay. You should structure your presentation around the following elements:
1. Read your title, explain which essay question you chose and why. Read your introduction.
2. Discuss what you think are the strongest examples Gladwell uses and why. Or, alternatively, you may discuss the weakest examples.
3. Explain what you have learned about your own thinking and writing as you worked with this text? Any stylistic devices you noticed the writer using?
4. Read your conclusion.
5. Brief question & answer period
In honor of all our hard work, we will have our end of the semester bash next week during our last class. Please bring a cultural/traditional snack for us all to try. One person should bring refreshments.
thats Tha final paper.
the book is ´the tipping point´ by by Malcolm Gladwell
The essay question I chose centered on the idea of whether the world can be tipped if given the right nudge. This question tests the very essence of the book the Tipping Point. It asks a question which the author, Malcolm Gladwell, is trying to answer in the entire book. The main idea one draws from this is that can one’s world be changed or can one’s attributes be pushed to a new level if and when the right kind of motivation is applied. Well, as Gladwell writes, yes it can be changed.
I chose this question because I wanted to dig deeper into the book and to seek to understand Gladwell’s perspective. My aim was to read the book and seek to understand what lies underneath Gladwell’s views which are quite debatable. However, looking at the examples and illustrations provided, one is inclined to believe that on certain occasions and given the right push, the world could tip. This question helped me to acknowledge and to be observant of what happens around me because Gladwell informs me that nothing happens by chance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Data Collection Techniques And Conceptual Framework Management EssayDescription: As noted earlier, it is clear that healthcare institutions have a tough financial management and yet how they pay for the equipment they purchase or service is not well known. As a result, the study hoped to cover the following research question: What is Influence of Financial Management Strategies...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Data Collection Techniques And Conceptual Framework Management Essay(1)Description: The research article, “A Different Weight Loss Experience: A Qualitative Study Exploring the Behavioral, Physical, and Psychosocial Changes Associated with Yoga That Promotes Weight Loss” by Ross et al. (2015). The study focuses on the issue of obesity that has proven difficult for most people to deal with...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Corporate Social Responsivity (CSR) Management EssayDescription: Corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy has become an important business tool in the modern-day business arena. Various scholars have come up with different definitions of CSR, but the term basically means using the company’s resources for the well-being of the society...8 pages/≈2200 words | 6 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |