Authentic Leadership. Describe the term authentic leadership. (Essay Sample)
In a 2-3 page paper, describe and apply the principles of authentic leadership. Write a response for each of the following:
1. Describe the term authentic leadership.
2. Summarize two examples of authentic leadership practices that would positively influence the workplace.
3. Describe three approaches to becoming an authentic leader.
4. Name and describe one positive outcome for being authentic in the workplace.
Your paper should be 2-3 pages plus a title page and reference page. Follow APA format, according to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements. (Links to an external site.) Include 2 outside academic sources to support your responses. Use outside sources other than the textbook, course materials, or other information provided as part of the course materials. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
Authentic leadership is defined as a transparent and genuine leadership style in which the leader can foster self-awareness and development on the followers because of their self-awareness and truthfulness (Lyubovnikova, Legood, Turner, & Mamakouka, 2015). Leaders who use this style are true to who they are and as such, they can inspire trust and positivity in their followers.
An authentic leader leads their followers by example. Several authentic leadership practices would have a positive impact on the workplace. The first practice is self-awareness, which helps the leader to show their followers how they perceive or understand the world (Lyubovnikova et al., 2015).
- Begin by locating an article related to leading by example. Description: This paper reports on a research by Loerakker and Winden (2016) who sought to find out the impact of leading by example on the behavior of followers. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Management | Essay |
- There are different communication styles. Management EssayDescription: There are various communication styles that different people use to interact with each other. The first style is referred to as an assertive communication style. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Management | Essay |
- Cross - Cultural Communication Paper. Management EssayDescription: The Chinese culture is intriguing and comparing it to the U.S. culture will make this assignment more interesting. Understanding the cultural differences between the Chinese and Americans is important, especially for leaders and business people as it enhances cross-cultural communication. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Management | Essay |