Wk 2 Discussion - Dramatization and Explanation Language Essay (Essay Sample)
please find instructions and further material attached. Let me know if you have questions or anything.
Wk 2 Discussion - Dramatization and Explanation
This week, we examine the use of dramatization and explanation.
Read "Introduction to the Personal Essay," on pp. 21-24 of Crafting Truth. (attached)
"A Father's Flaws," by James Baldwin on pp. 31-33 of Crafting Truth.
"Prickly Dread on Banyan Street," by Joan Didion on pp. 36-39 of Crafting Truth.
"Vamoose to the Vomit Corner," by David Sedaris on pp. 64-66 of Crafting Truth.
"Autopsy Report," by Lia Purpura on pp. 170-175 of Crafting Truth.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- Choose one of the reading assignment personal essays (choose from the above list of short stories), name it, and describe a dramatization that most evoked an emotional reaction from you as a reader.
- What was that emotion or experience? How did the writing enhance the emotion or experience you identified?
Bottom of Form
Subject and Section:
The short story that I have chosen is “Autopsy Report” by Lia Purpura. The author has presented a wonderful dramatization of the human body from the usual creepy image of a dead person’s body being dissected. The words were weaved in a manner that presents evidence of what the author is currently seeing while also providing an empathetic view of how she processes what she is experiencing bridging the connection of the author’s words to her readers.
As a reader, I find the whole piece to be wrapped with a mysterious feeling behind what the setup is and what the role of the narrator is during the experience of opening up a dead pe
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to body image:
- Adolescent’s external stressors. Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Adolescents face a variety of stressors as they navigate their day to day lives. The stressors can be mild or severe and can cause serious mental and physical effects on their health....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Anthropometric Profile, Body Composition, and Vertical Jump Score in Kuwaiti SwimmersDescription: Swimming is one of the most loved physical activities in the world. It is performed by people of all ages who need to exercise their muscles without pressure. Studies have shown that regular swimming strengthens the muscles and improves the cardiovascular fitness of an individual. ...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Life Sciences | Article |
- Intangible Benefits of Investment Proposals. CourseworkDescription: The intangible benefits of a business are equally crucial to the tangible ones. They hold the organizations in place, and such a benefit is the brand image....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Coursework |