I have two essay choices. You only need to choose one to finish. (Essay Sample)
You must demonstrate the following in your response:
• An introductory paragraph that includes a strong topic sentence and thesis statement
• Body paragraphs exploring your ideas with citations from the play and novel to support your arguments
• A strong conclusion paragraph providing your final thoughts and any potential life lessons to be learned
1) Compare the role offathers and or father figures in Shakespeare’s Hamlet and Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby. What kinds of influence do these men have in the stories? Describe one example of "fathers and or father figures” from both texts. What evidence can you find in the play and story to support your opinion?
2) In Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby, Nick calls Tom and Daisy ’’careless people”. Is Nick’s statement accurate? What characters in Shakespeare’s Hamlet are also “careless people”? Describe one example of “careless people” from both the story and the play. Use evidence from the texts to support your views.
Men play a very important role in William Shakespeare’s play “Hamlet” and Fitzgerald’s play “The Great Gatsby.” In both stories the protagonists cause their own demise as a result of their actions. Their actions are influenced by love. For example, the love that Hamlet has for his father causes his death during his quest for revenge. On the other hand, Jay Gatsby’s demise is caused by his desire for Daisy Buchanan and affinity. In the story “The Great Gatsby”, Jay Gatsby is depicted as a poor person and his quest for success is based on his love for Daisy. This essay will analyze the role played by fathers in the stories Hamlet and The Great Gatsby by Shakespeare and Fitzgerald.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to great gatsby:
- Significance of the novel "great expectations" by Charles Dickens to today. Description: Gender is a common topic that arises in the novel Great Expectations By Charles Dickens. A common literary criticism regarding the novel is the rebellion of gender identity (Marcus 11). ...5 pages/≈1375 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Communication extra credit Communications & Media Movie ReviewDescription: Apollo 13 is not only a great movie but it is also one that showcases numerous effective leadership behaviors. The leadership behaviors of the NASA team at the Mission Control Center as well as those of the astronauts were instrumental in navigating the many challenges experienced...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Communications & Media | Movie Review |
- Economic and Financial Crisis. Literature & Language Research PaperDescription: The crisis came as a result of the governing authorities failing to adequately monitor the mortgage lenders and financial institutions, leading to risky borrowing that eventually led to numerous incidents of defaulting as a result of increased interest rates...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |