They Say – Selective Quotation Response (Essay Sample)
In "They Say," Graff and Birkenstein emphasize the importance of grappling with the larger conversation around your topic. Select a Quotation from it and respond:
1. Consider how you have dealt with others' words in previous papers.
2. What went well?
3. What do you want to work on?
Select a quotation from Graff and Birkenstein "They Say" to analyze.
They Say – Quotation Response
Your Institution of Affiliation
April 30, 2018
Reading the article entitled ‘They Say' by Graff and Birkenstein, I realized that doing and writing could become daunting specially when one thinks about how others would respond to his work. This goes the same for speaking that many people becomes fazed as critics appear and question the very essence of his/her work. Nonetheless, one of the most interesting idea that the authors state when constructing an argument, one should “remember that you are entering a conversation and therefore need to start with what others are saying” (20). This idea struck my mid because for the most part I respond to the critics of my work either withy subt
- history: The American RevolutionDescription: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. history ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Analyzing: Willy the dreamerDescription: Analyzing: Willy the dreamer Essay...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Occupy Wall StreetDescription: Undergraduate Essay Occupy Wall Street...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |