They Say – Selective Quotation Response (Essay Sample)
In "They Say," Graff and Birkenstein emphasize the importance of grappling with the larger conversation around your topic. Select a Quotation from it and respond:
1. Consider how you have dealt with others' words in previous papers.
2. What went well?
3. What do you want to work on?
Select a quotation from Graff and Birkenstein "They Say" to analyze.
They Say – Quotation Response
Your Institution of Affiliation
April 30, 2018
Reading the article entitled ‘They Say' by Graff and Birkenstein, I realized that doing and writing could become daunting specially when one thinks about how others would respond to his work. This goes the same for speaking that many people becomes fazed as critics appear and question the very essence of his/her work. Nonetheless, one of the most interesting idea that the authors state when constructing an argument, one should “remember that you are entering a conversation and therefore need to start with what others are saying” (20). This idea struck my mid because for the most part I respond to the critics of my work either withy subt
- Wall of Silence-Reflective Journal Description: Wall of Silence-Reflective Journal Literature and Language Essay...12 pages/≈3300 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The Minister's Black Veil written by Nathaniel HawthorneDescription: Minister's Black Veil"written by Nathaniel Hawthorne originates from the fact that it is a piece of literature that coments about American renaissance period...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- A NEWS Case Study (Police Killing Innocent African-American Citizens)Description: Most of the News headlines in the United States report of crime and murder, just to show the escalation of killings in the United States...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |