1 page/≈275 words
Literature & Language
The Indigenous Religions (Essay Sample)
place use living religions by mary pat fisher\'s book as your source question came from topic " the indigenous religion." source..
The Indigenous Religions
The indigenous religion refers to people, culture or beliefs that are native to a particular geographical region. They can also be defined as traditional ways of worship. Some of the sacred ways use in indigenous religions are said to be more environmental friendly than the modern religions. They include: 1. Kinship with environment- in indigenous religion everything that the creator made is seen as connected and dependent of each other. The land where people live is seen as the mother`s body which needs a lot of respect. Contrary to the modern religions where industrial world`s exploitation of the land takes place, the indigenous religion consider themselves as the caretakers of God`s land and they believe what God made is all alive be it water, mountains, valleys, tress, rocks among others and respect is due to all creatures.
2. Relationship with power- modern religion life has drained human beings the relationships between them, earth and human power. This has made it hard for the human race to contemplate in the first growing world. For instance, in the modern society, the expropriation of indigenous land has caused problems in the native society. This has contributed to anger due to the loss of land and individuals valuing money more which lead to conflicts among women the power to reproduce gives them a stronger natural power where the main reason is not to obtain power but to make them understand how to associate with the world.
3. Relationship with spirits: - many indigenous r...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to religion:
- Canadian Constitutional Law - Charter of Rights and Freedoms: Freedom of ReligionDescription: Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and Its Impact on Freedom Of Religion Essay...5 pages/≈1375 words | 8 Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- Religions: Cultural backgrounds Description: Religions: Cultural backgrounds Term Paper...10 pages/≈2750 words | 2 Sources | APA | Nature | Term Paper |
- Academic Study of Religion: The Contribution to the American SocietyDescription: Academic Study of Religion: The Contribution to the American Society...5 pages/≈1375 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Religion & Theology | Essay |