Termination Of Your Employment Contract By Reason Of Downsizing (Essay Sample)
Delivering bad news is never easy. Unfortunately, it is something that all business writers, managers, and executives must do from time to time. As such, it is important that you are able to deliver bad news in a professional, concise way. Compose how you would deliver this message approximately 2 pages (500 words).
A corporate restructuring is imminent within your organization, and approximately 5% of the employees will be downsized during this event. As part of the Human Resources team, you have been asked to write the document that will inform each employee that he or she is being let go.
Using the information below, write a document to Mary Smith that appropriately and effectively delivers the news that her position is being eliminated. You are responsible for choosing the most appropriate method (Spin, Comparison or Sandwich) and approach for the communication (Direct or Indirect), given what you know about the company and the downsizing.
• Company name: ACME Widgets
• Department name: Production
• Percentage of employees in the department being let go: 50%
• Reason for downsizing: outsourcing to another company
• Date of last day of work: Next Friday
• Length of employment: 7 years
• Amount of severance: none (no provision for severance with this type of employee)
Delivering Bad News
45 Mount Eden Road.
RE: TERMINATUON OF YOUR EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BY REASON OF DOWSIZING.
The aim of this letter is to confirm the outcome of a recent review that was carried out by the management in regard to the operational changes of the company. The company is undergoing a corporate reconstruction whereby it will be downsized as a result of outsourcing to other another company. The management has realized that the company is not making enough profits to sustains its operations and therefore, the need for outsourcing. In addition, some of the operations of the company will be cut down to reduce costs and increase its profitability. This will have an impact on several departments within the organization, such as the laying off of a large number of the employees (Noe, Hollenbeck, Gerhart & Wright, 2017). Therefore, this means that you will be part of the employees affected by the downsizing of the corporate.
As a result of the downsizing, 50% of the employees in the department will have to be retrenched. Following the downsizing, it is unfortunate that your position is among those that the company will have to let go. Kindly note that you have been a committed employee with excellent work skills and therefore, this termination of employment is not based on your performance. We regret having
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Higher Education And The Job MarketDescription: In this essay, the focus will be on students seeking to enhance their attractiveness in the job market. So, this paper posits that higher education remains a relevant option to students mainly because of the promise of securing a job after graduation....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Description and the Senses. Social Sciences Essay PaperDescription: My younger brother has an oval face, which is longer than the facial width. The longer jawbones beneath his facial skin are narrower compared to the cheekbones giving him the oval face. He has a smooth round chin that is well established with the perfect well-formed jawline without beards....3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The Justinian Plague: Deadly Bacterial InfectionDescription: Plague is a serious deadly bacterial infection that is also identified as the black plague. A bacteria strain identified as Yernisia Pestis causes the plague....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |